PDA

View Full Version : lowest u can go on offset for EG civic?

junoki
02-09-2009, 03:38 PM
like the title

'whats the lowest offset you can go on EG civic' without cambers and guard rollin and stuff?

thanx in advance -pplz

EK1.6LCIV
02-09-2009, 03:43 PM
whatever you choose, please post pics of it, or ask Alexx, he's a king when it comes to gangster offset or any wheels for an EG

Chi
02-09-2009, 03:47 PM
like the title

'whats the lowest offset you can go on EG civic' without cambers and guard rollin and stuff?

thanx in advance -pplz

Depends on many things.

Wdith of wheels.

Size of wheels.

Profile and width of tyres.

How lowered the car is.

Too many variables.

Alexx
02-09-2009, 06:18 PM
lol far from a king ryan, just an enthusiast.

Chi is right, also add adjustable camber arms to the above list if you have them and you can see there are too many variables.

However, put your front fender lining behind the front bumper tabs, and bend the tabs back for more clearance at the front, and at the rear, roll your guards, trim your rear bar, and modify the rear bumper mounting point (move it further towards the rear of the car). You will be surprised what you can fit.

Make the car fit the wheel, not the other way around, and you will get a more satisfying result. I currently run 15x7 +27 with 205/50/15 on standard camber arms, moderately lowered (~-2 deg front, -1.5 rear) with the above mods. No issues at all. Can drive hard and not worry about rubbing at all.

fitment is like so:

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n139/41exz/BR012.jpg

You can measure it all up anyway, use this wheel offset calculator http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp, and this tire size calculator http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html, to compare any possible new setups to your current setup. Grab a tape measure, check your clearances and see if you can fit it. Remember to take tire width and profile into account when stretching.

Experiment and you will find a setup that suits you. Everyones different - the lowest possible offset on a 'full tire' fitment is going to be much higher than the lowest possible offset on a stretched tire fitment. Likewise, the lowest possible offset on a skinnier wheel is likely to be lower than the lowest possible offset for a wider wheel, depending on what tire/height/camber etc you use.

Having said that, some people have different definitions for 'lowest possible'. For example, the phaze2 eg runs 15x9 +0 front and 15x9.5 -6 rear, 195/45 tire all round. Possible? yes. Practical? hell no. That stretch could even be considered dangerous.

One other thing, 16s in low offset are easier to fit and look good than 15s, if you are on 15s you need to be really low to pull off the look. With 16s you can bring the guard closer to the rim much easier. And lets face it, the only reason anyone runs really low offset fitments is for the look, not for the performance.

Sorry for long post and rambling :wave:

edit: ****, just reread the first post. You will get away with 15x7 +38 down to +35 (probably limit) and use a 195/50 tire and stiff suspension setup without rolling your guards and still using stock camber arms.

junoki
02-09-2009, 08:47 PM
thanx pplz for the intel..

cuz im currently running 4x100, 15x7 +38 on 205/55/15

basically i want more dish without the hassles of camber and rollin guards... sorry but i should have made myself clearer..

mr180sx
03-09-2009, 09:35 AM
you can run 15x8 +20 with 195/50 tyres on EG

As Alex stated, just fold your front guard tabs and roll your rear guards. Not hard to do.

But it really depends on how low you want to drive your car.

You can run with any offset if your car is high as a horse, but will look like crap. So just post up a pic of the wheels you want and the specs and we will tell you if it fits!:thumbsup: