PDA

View Full Version : white rims

michael_antoi
13-11-2004, 10:21 PM
i went looking for white rims today and i was told that i shouldn't bother with them because they will become stained/ so hard to clean..

is this true at all? or if i wash them regularly they wont become like that.

really want a set but dont want them to eventually turn black

Setanta
13-11-2004, 10:33 PM
I have a set of white powdercoated rims. They were on the car for 12 months - they didn't stain or anything but f*ck were they a bitch to keep clean! :D If you are prepared to wash them at least once a week to keep the brake dust of them, then they'll be fine.

bennjamin
13-11-2004, 10:45 PM
stained is the look y0.

u should see my BLACK rims after one week....altho...its been about 4 months since ive cleaned them and they are a nice almsot bronze colour .... tricking people to think my rp01's came in this colour bwhahahaha.

Chi
13-11-2004, 10:46 PM
U think white rims are hard to clean.

TRY CLEANING G ZERO CHROME RIMS !!!

bumography
13-11-2004, 10:48 PM
You think G-Zero's are hard to clean?
try cleaning polished Mugen MR-5's !
the gaps are so small :(

sheepo
13-11-2004, 10:51 PM
bah you all complain too much bout clearing rims! go hire a weekly personal cleaner ! hehe j/k :p

EK9
13-11-2004, 11:40 PM
lol, u guys r funny :D

i got white ctr rims, they never stain... i've left them without cleaning for a few months and a good wheel cleaner will get all the brake dust and any gunk out easy, no sweat...

btw, white rims r hot! :thumbsup:

civiceg9
14-11-2004, 12:54 AM
white rims are bugger to clean, need to be clean once a week at least.
I got black rims now haha, can't see any dust on them :D

rAySiR
14-11-2004, 03:35 AM
its not hard cleaning white wheels.... just annoiying.... cuz jus as soon as you clean it.... you drive abit... and its dirty already!!!

**Ghost**
14-11-2004, 09:43 AM
i got black rims and they are a bitch to clean cos the black paint shows out the pollen and grass in my area : ( but go to autobarn and buy a spray can of "degreaser" and its allllllllll good

wynode
14-11-2004, 03:00 PM
WHite rims aren't as bad as people say. Being white, they stand out a lot more, hence you gotta get them pretty dirty before the white looses its appeal :)

Mr. Focus
30-11-2004, 10:24 AM
my mate 28rag carries a rag in his car. whenever he pulls up he just gets it out an gives his white rims a once over. lookin good!

SINISTR
30-11-2004, 12:04 PM
mmm... white wheels

http://www.redpepperracing.com/gallery/albums/genone/ace.jpg

they arent hard to clean or stain if you keep em clean

vteccoupe
30-11-2004, 02:01 PM
i went looking for white rims today and i was told that i shouldn't bother with them because they will become stained/ so hard to clean..

is this true at all? or if i wash them regularly they wont become like that.

really want a set but dont want them to eventually turn black
dnt worry..am currently on TE37 replica (white)...doesnt gets dirty as easily as i tot...the best thing is dat it looks great..hehe :D