PDA

View Full Version : Clock problem?

slimx
03-09-2009, 12:41 AM
I got a Integra DA9, and whenever i press my BRAKE, my clock DIMS ? lol

I've never in MY LIFEEEEEEEEE heard've a more weird problem, what do u guys reckon it'd be, i tested everything and its as SOON as i turn any sort of LIGHts in my car on the clock dims, whether its brake lights on, or my headlights.. does the same thing..
any ideas?

Chriskoss
03-09-2009, 01:09 AM
Prob battery or alternator.. when you turn your lights on the alternator needs to work harder to charge the battery. Chck the alternator and battery with a multi-metre!

slimx
03-09-2009, 01:13 AM
i will check, but i highly doubt i run 2 amplifiers off it perfectly fine, and it doesn't effect the clock whether there on or off..

And i got LED pedals that run off it, they don't make a difference either.

Chriskoss
03-09-2009, 01:29 AM
yea.. guess not..

maybe you have an interference with the brake pedal wires that trigger the light to go on and its getting to your clock wires and creating a disturbance of some sort...

SHOGUNOVDDRK
03-09-2009, 02:07 AM
Just a thought, it could be a grounding issue (either for the Clock or something else)

ChiLLie
03-09-2009, 10:10 AM
normally your clock will 'dim' when u turn your lights on right, at night time etc, so that its not too bright as opposed to day time display intensity.., maybe your break light/line is somehow tapped into this and causes it to dim thinking that you've turned on your front lights etc. do u get what i mean? lol, only had 2 hours of sleep, but i'm only saying this coz i've seen it happen once before on my car.. i fixed the prob too., crashed it, n bought a new one :)

Bludger
03-09-2009, 11:19 AM
there is a short somewhere.

I thought it could never happen to me, but it has.

brake lights just stopped working.

had to run a new power line to it.

CRXer
03-09-2009, 03:39 PM
r u the same guy that had the parkers come on when u hit the brakes?

if so,that is your problem,until u remove the short between the brake & parker light circuits,the clock will dim.

slimx
03-09-2009, 05:02 PM
If i were to take it to Autobarn or something, would they be able to do it, because i dont wanna rip apart half my car again i just put it back together after installing a headdeck, engine bay speakers and undercar ones lol..
??

And if Autobarn wont do it could u guys recommend a place that does?

Bludger
04-09-2009, 11:51 AM
If i were to take it to Autobarn or something, would they be able to do it, because i dont wanna rip apart half my car again i just put it back together after installing a headdeck, engine bay speakers and undercar ones lol..
??

And if Autobarn wont do it could u guys recommend a place that does?look up "auto electrician" in the phone book.

slimx
04-09-2009, 01:41 PM
I went to one today would u believe it was just a light globe problem? lol

Bludger
04-09-2009, 01:53 PM
I'm not surprised.

happens when you use cheap china bulbs.

GSi_PSi
04-09-2009, 03:40 PM
same thing happend to me it was because one of my brake lights were out. Changed them fixed the problem
For me it was different but it was like wen i brake.... the clock would dim and the cluster lights would turn on..........