PDA

View Full Version : My back boot wont open CL9

felixd
03-09-2009, 02:11 PM
hey guys what can i do my rear boot wont open i only can do it manually :( rear button wont open it .

thanks

integral90
03-09-2009, 02:45 PM
Could the cable or one of the hangers for the release cable be ****ed?

aaronng
03-09-2009, 02:51 PM
Looks like the electronic actuator is stuffed. The remote should open it no matter what as it directly drives the actuator, like what the rear button does.

felixd
03-09-2009, 06:15 PM
the remote works now but the back boot button dont :( what to do ????

aaronng
03-09-2009, 06:22 PM
the remote works now but the back boot button dont :( what to do ????

Look in the boot where the light is. Just to the right, there should be a switch. Flick that switch.

felixd
03-09-2009, 06:30 PM
oh kool thanks :D all working now

aaronng
03-09-2009, 06:47 PM
No problem. :thumbsup:

Hanice
03-09-2009, 10:36 PM
Thanks aaronng!!!
I have had that problem for ages and now fixed it with your help!!
l'm new to this and think this is a great!!

E_Honda
05-09-2009, 12:04 AM
Since felixd's problem is fixed maybe I can get some help with another boot related issue. The secondary boot lock (or whatever it's called) for the boot on the floor on drivers side won't lock, I turn the key but it won't budge to the lock position. It's been that way since I bought the car just never worried about it cause I dont think I'd use it. I guess it would be good to know if it's easily fixed?

Xplodin
05-09-2009, 08:06 AM
Since felixd's problem is fixed maybe I can get some help with another boot related issue. The secondary boot lock (or whatever it's called) for the boot on the floor on drivers side won't lock, I turn the key but it won't budge to the lock position. It's been that way since I bought the car just never worried about it cause I dont think I'd use it. I guess it would be good to know if it's easily fixed?
have u tried both ur keys?

E_Honda
06-09-2009, 10:46 PM
can't find my spare key, when i do i'll give it a go

greg6510
25-09-2009, 04:33 AM
Hi Guys, I have the same problem (I drive the CU2, and based in South Africa).

I can open the boot with the remote, but nothing happens when I press the boot latch situated on the drivers door panel. I looked in the boot, next to the light for a switch, but couldnt find anything.... :(

aaronng
25-09-2009, 08:22 AM
Hi Guys, I have the same problem (I drive the CU2, and based in South Africa).

I can open the boot with the remote, but nothing happens when I press the boot latch situated on the drivers door panel. I looked in the boot, next to the light for a switch, but couldnt find anything.... :(

Check in your glovebox area. There could be a switch there. In the previous generation Euro, that switch was in different positions when you compared the australian model to the models from other countries.

greg6510
25-09-2009, 08:25 AM
Thanks mate. I know theres a switch in the glovebox (tiny red one), but never knew what it is meant for... Will definately try it out in the morning (its 12.30am here :-))

greg6510
25-09-2009, 04:49 PM
This forum is the greatest! I found the switch in my glovebox, and it works! Thanks A!

I took the car to a Honda Dealer a few weeks ago, and they said they need to book it in and take apart the door panels as some cable may have snapped. They even suggested that my sound system must have messed it up, and warantee would not cover it. The idiots didnt even know the switch existed!!!