PDA

View Full Version : Blown something?? advice needed

dwn_boi
04-09-2009, 11:56 AM
I have one of those ipod connection things that sticks in the ciggarete socket and last night when i went to put it in it seems part of that ipod addaptor thing has become logged in the socket.

I was sitting in my car at a set of lights, car turned on and i attempted to pull out the remains of what broke off and next thing my deck (original from honda) turns off and that red security light started to flash.

i turned the deck back on and it was fine so i continued to pull out the remians in the socket and it happened again, my interior light turned off and the deck and my bluetooth was wigging out making noises so i figured i've blown a fuse or something, also boot light doesnt work.

how is it possible it blew everything??

so if i replace the fuse will anything happen with the stupid honda deck or will i just need the code to reset it?

also my other question is, i only bought this adaptor thing a month ago for $150 (got it dwn to $110) so its still under warenty, will they replace it and do they cover any costs the thing has done at all?

thanks xx

CRXer
04-09-2009, 02:15 PM
yes,a good start would be to check the accessories fuse,cig lighter/deck/interior lights/other accessories u add are usually on the one fuse depending how they were installed.

just make sure all remaining pieces are removed from the cig lighter while power is off & u go looking to replace the fuse.

& deck will prob not ask for a security code unless uve blown the backup fuse as well,but its easy enough to get the code from honda if needed.

wouldnt have a clue on your warranty issues.

dwn_boi
07-09-2009, 10:54 AM
hey all sorted, blown fuse!

and i went into dick smith where i bought it from and they said its a 6 week waiting period to get it sorted out thru warrenty so i called up the actual company and i should have a new one within 7 days lol hows that :P

thankx for ur help!!

ps cool avtar :P

Bludger
11-09-2009, 01:47 AM
BLOW?!?!?!:eek::eek::eek:

LOL

JokesNikki:p