PDA

View Full Version : Alarm Issue

jks24
07-09-2009, 08:34 AM
Im having a problem atm with my alarm on my EM1. When I arm the car it is not locking the doors, I have to manually go and lock the doors and then alarm the car. Then when I come to disarm the car it disarms and unlocks the doors but is sometimes disarming and not unlocking the doors so once again Im having to unlock them manually. I got onto the previous owner of the car and he told me where he got it installed but he doesnt have a manual or know the brand. I plan on ringing the shop up but just wondering if any one on here has any ideas regarding this matter? Im considering just upgrading my alarm to a remote start system.

flipfire
07-09-2009, 08:49 AM
Same thing happened on my EK, it would happen on either doors here and there which was annoying. The door lock latch would sometimes sit half way.

It was the actuator rod that got lodged off, but i also got the actuator replaced for $10. Took the alarm guy like 5 mins to do.

You can DIY, the mechanism isnt that hard to figure out.

dahondr98
07-09-2009, 06:04 PM
Chances are seeing that it works sometimes to unlock the doors it isn’t the actuator rod, unless that is loose. It may be the locks getting sticky due to the lubrication drying out. Either way, you need to remove the trim from the doors to check it out. A bit of oil or WD-40 will sort the lubrication problem, as described here http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119093 . You shouldn’t need to replace the alarm unless you really want an upgraded one, as the problem appears to be in the central locking, not the alarm. The alarm just supplies a signal to operate the central locking, which it is most likely getting OK – it’s more likely to be a mechanical problem with the central locking than the electronics in the alarm system.

As the driver's door actuator usually supplies the signal to unlock the other doors, then the driver's door should be checked first. If the actuator or rod is loose or something like that, then that's the only trim you'll have to remove. If the lubrication is causing the driver's lock to seize up, and lubricating it fixes the problem, then it will also pay to remove the other door trims, and lubricate all the locking mechanisms.

90LAN
07-09-2009, 06:11 PM
the bracket holding the locking rod is loose
tighten that
central door locking unit is busted
or door locking mechanism is broken

inspection will tell you when you take off door trim
have a look what happens when you are alarming itwith door trims off

jks24
08-09-2009, 09:03 AM
thanks all for the help :)

sangyz
12-09-2009, 01:08 PM
i say its the central door locking motor. thats exactly what was happening on my ek and i changed it and it was working perfectly you can get one pretty cheap from jb hifi. they give you 4 but i only used 2 and it might only be one which is on the driver side door.