PDA

View Full Version : 1999 ek gli

Jason-sherwood
07-09-2009, 02:13 PM
Hi Guys I'm looking at a 1999 EK GLI Ferio (4-door).. They want $5,500 for it it's done about 150,000 km.. so seams like a good price... however I'm really looking at preludes, so this got me thinking the 5k I'll save buying a civic i could put to use on doing it up.. Plus I get Dual Airbags.. I don't know... I also have a small child (1YO) so the Ferio looks more pratical as well... How much would a H22 Swap be.. or would my $$$ be better spent else where.. :honda:

mr180sx
07-09-2009, 06:39 PM
H22 swap will cost you around 5k plus if your going to get someone to do it for you.

TheSaint
07-09-2009, 08:51 PM
thats a pretty good price for a car like that ... you wont be dissapointed with it but it does lack a little with power and no vtec

you would be very happy with a B-series or H-series swap

the civic will be a very practical car and the good thing about the civic is that they dont loose out too much to their bigger sports car brothers when it comes to handeling ... they juss need better equipped engines and maybe some handeling and brake upgrades =)

let us know how u go

Jason-sherwood
08-09-2009, 01:30 AM
Yeah, I've been looking and I think if i were to go down the civic road I'd prefer to do a B Series swap.. Probably the 18C series of engines... About how much for a B18 Series swap...
also can you keep AC and Power Steering? that's another thing that put me off about the H Series swap

BTW I couldn't agree more with you're sig...
Honda+Subaru>Everything Else!
I only wish it were Honda building the new RWD Coupe... :-(

TheSaint
08-09-2009, 12:28 PM
Yeah, I've been looking and I think if i were to go down the civic road I'd prefer to do a B Series swap.. Probably the 18C series of engines... About how much for a B18 Series swap...
also can you keep AC and Power Steering? that's another thing that put me off about the H Series swap

thanks man =p

there is actually ALOT of information on the forums on B series swap into civic, u should be able to keep power steering and a/c

you will have to decide if you want the VTI-R b18c or the Type-R b18c, the only problem i see is that the car is 1999, so the engine has to be the same year or newer and the B18c ended at 2001 i think, so the year gap of engines available will be relativly small, but im sure u will find something

this info should semi-apply to your situation as well
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47020

these links are really helpful as well =)
http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=878010

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1998336

sangyz
12-09-2009, 01:13 PM
thanks man =p

there is actually ALOT of information on the forums on B series swap into civic, u should be able to keep power steering and a/c

you will have to decide if you want the VTI-R b18c or the Type-R b18c, the only problem i see is that the car is 1999, so the engine has to be the same year or newer and the B18c ended at 2001 i think, so the year gap of engines available will be relativly small, but im sure u will find something

this info should semi-apply to your situation as well
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47020

these links are really helpful as well =)
http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=878010

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1998336

He can get a b18c motor older then his car but he would have to get a JDM motor eg. jdm 96 spec b18c which vicroads or whoever that does the check they will not be able to check what year the engine is as they have no information on it as it was an import. :p BUT thats just saying yeh ;] no need to go to far into legal issues. hehe

sangyz
12-09-2009, 01:18 PM

If you were to go b18c. it would be costly. depending if you go jdm b18c or audm b18c7. jdm b18c conversions go for 6-7 and thats full conversion that comes with itr mounts and looms. where as you need ek4 looms from b16a2 and ek b series mounts. Also you would want to upgrade your brakes which the price will vary depending on what brakes you go and get a bigger radiator like aluminum ones . and you will definetly want to upgrade your catback system as well. =D money money money when it comes to engine swaps.

Mugen_B16B
12-09-2009, 01:56 PM
If you were to go b18c. it would be costly. depending if you go jdm b18c or audm b18c7. jdm b18c conversions go for 6-7 and thats full conversion that comes with itr mounts and looms. where as you need ek4 looms from b16a2 and ek b series mounts. Also you would want to upgrade your brakes which the price will vary depending on what brakes you go and get a bigger radiator like aluminum ones . and you will definetly want to upgrade your catback system as well. =D money money money when it comes to engine swaps.

no u wouldnt need to upgrade ur brakes, thats just stupid, get better pads and rotors, upgrade the brakes only if ur goin for a powerful motor and need the stopping power, plus ek1 4dr is the same size as ek4/dc2/dc2 itr 4x114 so to upgrade to a bigger set would mean 5lug ek9/dc2r which = more money to spend which isnt wat this guy is after, do a search idiot

sangyz
12-09-2009, 02:02 PM
no u wouldnt need to upgrade ur brakes, thats just stupid, get better pads and rotors, upgrade the brakes only if ur goin for a powerful motor and need the stopping power, plus ek1 4dr is the same size as ek4/dc2/dc2 itr 4x114 so to upgrade to a bigger set would mean 5lug ek9/dc2r which = more money to spend which isnt wat this guy is after, do a search idiot

ek4/dc2 are 4x100. jdm dc2 itr 96spec is 4.114 which are bigger. Yes the ek1 4dr is the same size as ek4 and dc2 so i suppose you wouldn't need to upgrade the brakes unless you want to.

Mugen_B16B
12-09-2009, 02:09 PM
ek4/dc2 are 4x100. jdm dc2 itr 96spec is 4.114 which are bigger. Yes the ek1 4dr is the same size as ek4 and dc2 so i suppose you wouldn't need to upgrade the brakes unless you want to.
u idiot, there all 262mm rotors, like i said do a search u fkn noob

sangyz
12-09-2009, 02:16 PM
u idiot, there all 262mm rotors, like i said do a search u fkn noob

lol just did and yes your correct. so relax bro

Mugen_B16B
12-09-2009, 02:19 PM
dw im just a angry mofo today

mr180sx
13-09-2009, 09:50 AM
yeah you give it to them Quat!:thumbsup:

Mugen_B16B
13-09-2009, 01:41 PM
yeah you give it to them Quat!:thumbsup:
lol ppl just dunno how to use the search function, u go fishing last night?

mr180sx
13-09-2009, 06:35 PM
Yeah ppl gota learn how to use the search function properly!:thumbsup:

Nah watched the broncos game. Went on friday night and caught 3 flatties

Jason-sherwood
15-09-2009, 11:27 AM
Yeah, I think I'd upgrade the brakes before the engine swap.. so around 5-7k for the B18, and 3-5 for a B16.. thanks for the info, and as some one said I'm not looking for crazy performance just something that stands out..