PDA

View Full Version : tweeter install on gen3 GSi 2000 model

reyesone
14-11-2004, 06:41 PM
im keen on getting some 6" splits for my car but im stuck on where to put the tweeters !

can anyone suggest some ideal places to put the tweeters without having to cut holes or fabricate fibreglass pods and stuff like that?

im looking for a place where i can get the best SQ out of the positioning

thanks in advance for your help guys

BlakTegra
15-11-2004, 08:22 AM
I got mine on the door panels...looks factory.
If i were you, i'll prob put it there also cuz its a little angled towards the seat which is not bad for SQ. There's marking at the back of the door panel where you can cut a whole to fit ur tweeters so both tweeters will line up perfectly :)

reyesone
15-11-2004, 07:22 PM
did u have to buy the brackets from a dealership? or what did u use instead?

joneblaze
15-11-2004, 08:26 PM
I got mine on the door panels...looks factory.
If i were you, i'll prob put it there also cuz its a little angled towards the seat which is not bad for SQ. There's marking at the back of the door panel where you can cut a whole to fit ur tweeters so both tweeters will line up perfectly :)

:thumbsup:

Funnily enough, both myself and Fried have installed tweeters in the same spot in the last month.
If you remove your door trim, you'll see a factory cutout "template" for tweeters. I think these might have been a USDM or similar option. Either way, its as simple as drilling a hole through this cutout or cutting the template. You can either mount your tweeters flush (harder job and requires more cutting) or screw them straight onto the door trim (which is what we have done. Makes for an easier "bolt on" job).

Good luck with it :)

Btw, you're best off buying 6.5" splits for greater variety/selection and merely fitting mdf brackets/spacers to fit. Both myself and fried's DC's are running this setup with no problems whatsoever fit-wise.

BlakTegra
16-11-2004, 09:06 AM
did u have to buy the brackets from a dealership? or what did u use instead?

Everything should be in the box when bought new; flush mounts, etc..

I have 6.5inch Alpine type X splits in there and its all fits nicely with the use of MDF spacers. The crossover however is a biach to installl cuz of it massive size.

Have fun with the speaker wiring thru the doors! hehehehee