PDA

View Full Version : Balance and bass :os

Missy
14-11-2004, 09:01 PM
Okay didn't seem like there was as much bass coming out of the 6x9s as there should of been. Anyway started playing around with the balance and put it all the left and as well as only hearing sound from the left speakers ofcourse there was also a noticable increase in bass, you could hear it 50 - 100% more and feel it as well. Shifted it to the centre and the bass dropped out, shifted it to the right and the bass was back again.... why am i losing bass when I have both the left and right speakers going :confused:

BlakTegra
15-11-2004, 08:24 AM
Try swapping the polarity of the right speaker. Think someone must have mixed them up.

Good luck

nedgeworth
15-11-2004, 08:44 AM
Try swapping the polarity of the right speaker. Think someone must have mixed them up.

Good luck

Yeap your speakers are out of phase if there is cancelation.

Javed
15-11-2004, 11:25 AM
Yep sounds like cancellation to me.

Missy
15-11-2004, 01:44 PM
Thanks thats what it was and has alot more bass now, swapped the wires on the right speaker now its all good. Both had a black stripe on them just one was white and one was grey so connected the wrong lol dunno how since both speakers were done at the same time :confused: oh well.

Now that I actually got some bass might put off getting the sub put in to save some money and just hook up an amp. Would one of those 130buck 4 channel solid audio amps at JB be alright for running the 4inch's and 6x9's... read a bit about some amps (like the cheap boss amp) being fine for subs but giving s#@t sound when connected to speakers so anyone know about these amps.... realise it wont be the best sound being so cheap but would it give me better sound then i'm getting running them off the deck or would it be a waste of 130 bucks?

Race EJ8
15-11-2004, 10:07 PM
depends on the DECK. If its a new 4x45 or 4x50 den the amp is a waste because you will get crap all gains from a amp. The amp on a new cd player can push 6x9s preety much to its bass limits. All a amp could do is play louder and clearer mid-range and high frequencies. And trust me cheap amps like the BOSS are so crap you'll change it at least once cos it breaks down all the time. I fit them at strathfield and we always get the amps back to be sent for repair or exchanged. THEY TOTALLY SUCK! plus a amp wiring kit for 40 and mayb installation we set you back another 100 bucks. It's definatly not worth buying a amp for normal speakers. Unless you have a crappy old cd player :p

Missy
16-11-2004, 03:02 AM
Well I don't wanna get a BOSS :p and can get the wiring for 20 bucks and bf to put it in.

Not expecting anymore bass since it'd just be twice the power of the deck at most (seein the speakers only handle 40rms and expect the deck to be giving around 20rms) so wouldn't get much more bass seein you need 10x the power to double the volume.

Just thought the rest of the sound outa the speakers might be better plus the front speakers distort a bit when you just get to about 1/3 volume but setting the hipass on the deck fixes that up just you can't set it only to the front speakers so i lose out all the bass from the 6x9's so thought it might be worth a cheap amp just to have a hipass on the front speakers only to clean up that distortion and possibly some better quality mids and highs in general.

And ofcourse when I do get a sub unhook the 6x9's and connect the sub to it.

They need a spell checker on here lol.