PDA

View Full Version : Car clubs/insurance

02gzm
09-09-2009, 01:52 PM
I'm in the process of transfering over to Shannons and I noticed that they have a car clubs section on their website that lists all of their associated car clubs. Listed under Honda is Preludes Australia. This got me thinking that maybe a mod could register OZhonda with Shannons as a form of national car enthusiasts club so when others are wishing to join up with Shannons they will find it easier proving that they are a car enthusiast.

Food for thought.

Here's the link. (http://shannons.com.au/pages/carclubs/carclubs-results.jsp?keywords=&marque=Honda&state=&startsearch=Search)

WATAJK
09-09-2009, 05:04 PM
this would be a top notch idea, as i realli needa change my insurance

hotdc2
09-09-2009, 05:06 PM
excellent idea!

+1 for shannons

wynode
09-09-2009, 05:42 PM
Good spotting.....I've just sent an Email to Shanons.

For the NSW people, you should consider joining the HCCNSW (Honda Car Club of NSW).

c1v1c
10-09-2009, 07:00 AM
Very top notch idea, as I phoned up shannons to insure my EP3R and they wouldnt classify me as a car enthusiast.

wynode
16-09-2009, 11:14 AM
<snip>

Food for thought.

Here's the link. (http://shannons.com.au/pages/carclubs/carclubs-results.jsp?keywords=&marque=Honda&state=&startsearch=Search)

We're on there now :)

mrwillz
16-09-2009, 11:29 AM
well before you could just said your part of ozhonda, clubitr

i've done so for a quote and they never look into it to see if it actually 'existed'

t

SHU-ES1
19-09-2009, 07:42 PM
awesome! does it make it easier to sign up with shannons? how are there prices compared to racv and aami?? my aami insurance seems to be going up every year in $50 increments :(

mars_panas
19-09-2009, 08:41 PM
i was about to say ozhonda is already on it and then i saw wynode comment...

so anyways would be get discount if we mention that we are a member of ozhonda??

how does it work?

curtis265
19-09-2009, 08:44 PM
I think they need your personal email and then ask wyn to verify it with the ozhonda servers... and then you're in.

Zilli
19-09-2009, 08:58 PM
:-) i was thinking about this a few weeks ago, seems someone beat me to it! well done lads

02gzm
20-09-2009, 09:25 AM
i was about to say ozhonda is already on it and then i saw wynode comment...

so anyways would be get discount if we mention that we are a member of ozhonda??

how does it work?

I think it's more towards actually letting you join with them. You have to prove that you're a car enthusiast. And I think they use a scoring system going off what you tell them. Being in a car club just helps bump up your score by a lot until you reach the mark where they say "yes we believe you're a car enthusiast and we'll cover you".

awesome! does it make it easier to sign up with shannons? how are there prices compared to racv and aami?? my aami insurance seems to be going up every year in $50 increments :(

The next closest 2 companies were about 1400 and 1600 a year with only a slightly higher than market value of cover (which for an EG is sweet F-A). And they wanted an assessor to go over the car with a fine toothed comb...

With Shannons I'm covered for agreed value, full comp for just under a grand. I'm 26, rating 1 and have never been disqualified from driving.

My mods list is well over a few pages long mind you though :p I got through a little over half a page of what I've done to it myself and they said "wow that'll do, we're pretty sure you're an enthusiast" lol.

A $50 increase is pretty good considering all insurance premiums went up this financial year. My previous insurer bumped mine up by about $300... That's why I changed.
Also I think you'll find it harder to get covered by Shannons if you have a basically stock Australian released car. That's why I wanted to get OZhonda in their car club system to make it a bit easier for others ;)

wynode
20-09-2009, 01:55 PM
Also I think you'll find it harder to get covered by Shannons if you have a basically stock Australian released car. That's why I wanted to get OZhonda in their car club system to make it a bit easier for others ;)

And a good idea it was :)

SHOGUNOVDDRK
20-09-2009, 02:01 PM
Good spotting.....I've just sent an Email to Shanons.

For the NSW people, you should consider joining the HCCNSW (Honda Car Club of NSW).

Sounds good, I guess i'll have to have a look for it :thumbsup: