PDA

View Full Version : CU@ vibration when gear box is engaged

pesad42
09-09-2009, 04:18 PM
Does any one notice this the whole car vibrating when you r stationary and the gear box is engaged:( (auto)

aaronng
09-09-2009, 04:35 PM
Happens with almost auto cars because the torque convertor is trying to match the speed of the stationary car and the spinning engine.

unity
09-09-2009, 08:00 PM
Does any one notice this the whole car vibrating when you r stationary and the gear box is engaged:( (auto)

Yes also noticeable on the CL9. This has always irritated me as my Civic is so much smoother. Vibration is always worse in the colder weather, especially upon start-up.

denot
09-09-2009, 08:52 PM
Like aarong said...

lingamair
10-09-2009, 12:29 AM
Hello,

I get a rather loud clunking sound when going from Park - Drive in the morning.. Is it considered normal too?

denot
10-09-2009, 09:12 AM
Yup...

revolution
10-09-2009, 12:15 PM
Hello,

I get a rather loud clunking sound when going from Park - Drive in the morning.. Is it considered normal too?

I think that is related to the car relying on the park gear to stop rolling due to a weak handbrake or you not pulling the handbrake hard enough (Most likely weak handbrake).

lingamair
10-09-2009, 03:21 PM
I think that is related to the car relying on the park gear to stop rolling due to a weak handbrake or you not pulling the handbrake hard enough (Most likely weak handbrake).

Its not so much a clunk heard when you move out of P. I know that could be due to a weak handbrake.

Mine's heard when I've already shifted into "D" and when the car just moves (probably abt 1 second into movement). I'll try again tomorrow morning by shifting it to "N" first and giving it sometime before I shift to "D" and move off.

Type R Positive
11-09-2009, 01:28 AM
Hello,

I get a rather loud clunking sound when going from Park - Drive in the morning.. Is it considered normal too?Although mu cu2 is manual,
my prado is auto. Clunking is a problem that raises it's head around service time, and comes from the prop shaft. Maybe the euro is the same?