PDA

View Full Version : EF SiR B16A into ED/EF civic

Dnation
14-11-2004, 10:12 PM
Hi guys,

My 3rd engine conversion is about to begin but Im just doing a bit of research prior to it. Never ventured into Honda territory before so it should be a good experience..

I have two options;

First Option - Drop a JDM B16A SiR from an EF civic into my ED Civic..

Or Two - Drop a ZC engine from an EF CRX into it.

They are both front cuts so i should have almost everything for the conversion. (Cept the fuel system)..

Anyway, here are my troubles..
IF i choose the B16A route, I've read at a few US threads that this engine requires engine mount mods.. Im not too keen on playing around with this and was hoping it was just a bolt on jobbie.. I know the B16A from the EG and later all need the engines mount mods, linkages etc to fit into the 88-91 civics, but will the B16A from the SiR ED/EF civic need these as well or is it a straight bolt on?? Im planning on buying the front cut this week so any help and/or feedback would be greatly appreciated..

Cheers
dave

silvia200sx
14-11-2004, 11:04 PM
yeh i had a jdm ef b16a in my ef civic and it needed custom mounts for the engine

McChook
14-11-2004, 11:12 PM
I'm no expert, but I have done a B16a cable conversion into an ED civic.....

and it pretty much fell straight in with the B16a engine mounts from the DA Integra (JDM Integra XSi - I think, but might have been an SiR EF civic/CRX as it came as an undressed cut with no rad support...)... no hassles at all, just bolted straight up from memory

At the same time, a ZC cable tranny style conversion will also fall straight in..... as long as the mounts are there from the original car - I believe one of the side mounts if different from the D15s to the D16s

mr crex
15-11-2004, 12:36 AM
did you search this topic ? I am sure I and a couple other members have explained this conversion before since we've been down that path.

if you wish to discuss with me PM me or add me to msn ... dj_steveo@hotmail.com

Dnation
15-11-2004, 05:13 PM
I think i'm getting jipped here ..
The B16A front cut *supposedly* has a red engine/rocket cover... This aint no TypeR civic version is it?? Did TypeR's ever come out in EF civics???
What do u guys reckon?? Reckon its a painted or replaced cover or is it the real thing..
In the engine bay the dash still has an 8000rpm redline and there are no mods on it... I reckon its a fake.. On the head, it has B16AB engraved on it and Its an EF8 model....

what the hells going on?? Is this a TypeR CIvic?

luzinit
15-11-2004, 08:46 PM
nah no type r came from EF, tho its not uncommon for ppl to change valve covers for aesthetic reasons ! type-R b16 is a b16B. cheers.

ps: hi dave, im tony from uc

Dnation
15-11-2004, 10:28 PM
hi Tony,

Im not gonna buy it then.. Thats just rorty!!! They want to charge an extra $600 coz it has a red engine cover..

thanks all for your input

Cheers
dave