PDA

View Full Version : LCA recommended?

turtle187
10-09-2009, 09:09 AM
hey guys,

just wondering what Lower control arm would you recommended, im wanting to upgrade my stock ones, and also what do those Lower arm bars do?

riruiz_88
10-09-2009, 09:19 AM
lower arm bars connect the lower control arm bolts together making a "stiffer" join between them. it reduces the amount the rear sub frame flexes under load/cornering. in my opinion they are a good mod, but some are just way too expensive. i got a beaks bar and i do not recommend it for daily driving as you will scrape it one day and will leave you crying hahaha.

as for lower control arm upgrade, they are not needed at all. unless EK9 are different compared to EK1, i wouldnt bother. in my opinion they are a waste of money which could go to other better mods. all they are for is just bling. if anything i suggest replacing your bushes for the lower control arms, it got them done and it was money well spent.

turtle187
10-09-2009, 09:22 AM
lower arm bars connect the lower control arm bolts together making a "stiffer" join between them. it reduces the amount the rear sub frame flexes under load/cornering. in my opinion they are a good mod, but some are just way too expensive. i got a beaks bar and i do not recommend it for daily driving as you will scrape it one day and will leave you crying hahaha.

as for lower control arm upgrade, they are not needed at all. unless EK9 are different compared to EK1, i wouldnt bother. in my opinion they are a waste of money which could go to other better mods. all they are for is just bling. if anything i suggest replacing your bushes for the lower control arms, it got them done and it was money well spent.

mind me asking what bushes you replaced it with riruiz?

yea i thought changing my lca would help with my rears squeeking like a b**** everytime i turn

in regards to the LAB
i was thinking of getting a skunk2 one which is only costing 150,
cause i have a ek sedan

riruiz_88
10-09-2009, 09:36 AM
the bushes where replaced with polyurethane bushes instead of standard rubber. check the condition of them, could be why they are squeeking.

as for the lower arm bar, if your thinking of adding a bigger rear sway bar, why not get an ASR kit because it serves as 2 things: 1) sway bar mount 2) lower arm bar. i know it quite expensive but will be a better package.

turtle187
10-09-2009, 09:39 AM
the bushes where replaced with polyurethane bushes instead of standard rubber. check the condition of them, could be why they are squeeking.

as for the lower arm bar, if your thinking of adding a bigger rear sway bar, why not get an ASR kit because it serves as 2 things: 1) sway bar mount 2) lower arm bar. i know it quite expensive but will be a better package.

yeah im thinking about the asr kit, but will definately see how that goes later on, this squeeking noise in the rear is annoying the hell out of me,
first i thought it was my coils and then called up a friend and he told me it could the the rear bushings,

would you recommend energy suspension bushings???

riruiz_88
10-09-2009, 09:43 AM
i didnt get energy suspension bushings. i got Nolathane brand, same colour as energy suspension. it would be much cheaper in labour if you removed the rear lower control arms, take it to a mech and ask him to replace the bushes with your supplied ones.

if your worried about the squeeking in the rear, take it to pedders or similar and ask them to find out whats wrong with it. pedders do safety checks for under $50 im pretty sure.

turtle187
10-09-2009, 09:47 AM
okay thanks alot for you help,
pq point given

riruiz_88
10-09-2009, 09:51 AM
all good dude, glad i could help. anything else just ask yeh