PDA

View Full Version : Thailand!

anonymousmoose
10-09-2009, 02:30 PM
I always thought the Honda Accord was manufactured in Japan. I was flicking through Redbook and I saw the country of origin; Thailand.

I was always under the impression Japan. I guess that's why the Accord Euro costs more. It still appears to be made in Japan.

I'm liking the Accord a bit less now :eek:

UNLS1
10-09-2009, 02:55 PM
I always thought the Honda Accord was manufactured in Japan. I was flicking through Redbook and I saw the country of origin; Thailand.

I was always under the impression Japan. I guess that's why the Accord Euro costs more. It still appears to be made in Japan.

where the hell have u been? the accord has been comming from Thialand for 10 years now and no problems.

why would u like the accord a bit less?

please list the reasons on why thia built hondas are not worth liking?

anonymousmoose
10-09-2009, 02:57 PM
I've been on planet Holden.:thumbdwn: Although I plan to shuttle elsewhere in the near future

I guess it's just a perception thing. Just a bit shocked as I always thought they came from Japan. I know the Japanese are a attention to detail culture.

I was also looking up a Golf GTI. To my surprise the 4 door versions is made in South Africa but the two door in Germany. Same with the 3 series BMW.

xenonkuraz
10-09-2009, 03:10 PM
From what I've heard, AUDM Accords:

Fourth generation Accords from the USA

Fifth generation Accords from Japan

Sixth generation and onwards from Thailand

Correct me if I'm wrong :)

kccord
11-09-2009, 11:01 AM
My compliance says origin or manufacture: Japan

UNLS1
11-09-2009, 03:08 PM
yeah remember honda still has the same quality control!
id rather a thai built accord then an aussie built commodore or falcon! still better built and more reliable!

Shpox
11-09-2009, 03:09 PM
The country of origin doesn't necessarily reflect quality of a vehicle (unless that makes the Euro owners feel better :p). Car manufacturers open plants throughout numerous countries around the world. This is especially vivid now throughout the economic crisis. Costs are more important and ever. For example, Audi’s new Chinese plant begins production next month. The Audi TT is made in Hungary. Merc now also has plants in India (probably to do with Tata buying Daimler). Kia has plants in China but have a look at the new Cerato. This is something that has been going on for ages.

The standards of quality are benchmarks set through company protocols. People need to get out the perception they're buying a country standards as-well as a car. You are buying manufacturer standards which in some cases are predominant in certain countries.

FAT VTI
12-09-2009, 05:18 PM
CD5- Made in japan

curtis265
12-09-2009, 09:25 PM
civic FD's are also from Thailand.

the FN's are from England, and cost a sheeeetload

hisoka
12-09-2009, 10:34 PM
my accord build quality was a peice of shit. i think i got the lemon of the lot

Jarkz
12-09-2009, 10:54 PM
CD5- Made in japan

+1 i actually agree for once.

Hisoka... what year model accord are you referring to?

Either way just because it was'nt made in JDM land doesn't reflect it's quality.

Why is Honda/Acura so popular is the US

BRAWN Honda, and F1 and British touring cars is not inspired from JDM... think.

I like Honda for what it is....

chenny
12-09-2009, 11:19 PM

hmmm, i think the 6th gen (CG5) was made in America
the VIN no. on our old accord was 1HGCG5640WA.....
and i found this:

3rd POSITION VEHICLE TYPE
M = Passenger Car, Built in Japan
G = Passenger Car, Built in USA/Canada
11th POSITION ASSEMBLY PLANT
A = Marysville, Ohio, USA

hisoka
13-09-2009, 02:14 AM
jarkz talking about a cl9 2007 model. its not that bad, but expected better for the price you know.

SiReal
16-09-2009, 10:36 AM
My is CK2, 01 model, made in thailand. I have to say prety damn good finish, no problems with squeeking, rattling, nothing. Solid as a rock. The only problems are ones caused by myself in modifying.

Hardly any cars are made in Japan anymore... unless you go buy mitsubishi (which might be my next car!) which have an excellent warranty plan.

elemental_funk
16-09-2009, 04:41 PM
i always beleived japanese built cars would be better quality, i always got the impression that the japanese are hardworking and thoughtful. I think its a loss not having Japanese built hondas getting around the place.

SiReal
18-09-2009, 10:09 AM
i always beleived japanese built cars would be better quality, i always got the impression that the japanese are hardworking and thoughtful. I think its a loss not having Japanese built hondas getting around the place.

I'm pretty sure Japanese QA is pulled across to offshore factories. Honda wouldn't be outsourcing contracts or what not in other countries if the build standards and qualities would risk their reputation. Much like Panasonic Plasma TVs being made in China.

Contractors, companies etc working for larger companies with big $$$ involved don't usually take shortcuts.

Also don't forget most of the cars are put together by robots. Obviosuly interior, engine and other bits by hand, but if that same person did the same thing over and over again, i'm sure they'd get pretty good at it. And being in thailand or china or whatever where money is hard to come by, i dont think they'd risk their job by deliberately missing a clip or something.

hectic_filo
24-09-2009, 10:34 AM

5th gen accord wagon are made in USA CE1;)

colonel
03-10-2009, 01:51 PM
hmmm, i think the 6th gen (CG5) was made in America
the VIN no. on our old accord was 1HGCG5640WA.....
and i found this:

3rd POSITION VEHICLE TYPE
M = Passenger Car, Built in Japan
G = Passenger Car, Built in USA/Canada
11th POSITION ASSEMBLY PLANT
A = Marysville, Ohio, USA

I'm pretty sure that CG5 was built in Thailand. Mine is CG5 also. But my VIN no. is MRHCK16502P......

So what does the 'H' mean?

chenny
03-10-2009, 03:23 PM
I'm pretty sure that CG5 was built in Thailand. Mine is CG5 also. But my VIN no. is MRHCK16502P......

So what does the 'H' mean?

by the looks of it, yours is a CK1 (Accord V6). not the CG5 (Accord 2.3L)
the H is the manufacturer (Honda)

colonel
03-10-2009, 03:41 PM
by the looks of it, yours is a CK1 (Accord V6). not the CG5 (Accord 2.3L)
the H is the manufacturer (Honda)

Thanks mate...

anonymousmoose
12-10-2009, 03:56 PM
I'm still sort of looking for a car. No hurry as I still haven't sold my old car and the lease is still 2 years to go. A

I've even found that Toyota isnt as good as it used to be, maybe because the Camery and Aurion's are assembled in Australia. I've reading the Toyota from (I was interested in the top of range Aurion) and found lots of fault threads.

At this stage, even thoughts is not an Japanese car, the Accord still ranker in the research I've done.

Danzvtil
06-06-2010, 11:15 PM
Makes no diff. you have to look at who builds the car and not where it is built, My work car is an 09 FG falcon ute, my accord s#@ts over it for fit finish and refinement.Its is also quite favourable for car makers to source ex thailand because of a zero tariff agreement our governments have.Australias # 2 seller (Hilux) also hails from Thailand.
Here are some others:
Civic sedan
Jazz
CRV
Mazda 2(just changed from Japan)
Colorado/Rodeo/DMax
Tiida
New Maxima
Fiesta is about to change to Thai factory
Nissan Navara D22 single cab

Im I missing any?

lefty
08-06-2010, 12:21 AM
same same
but different

(anyone who has been to Thailand recently will get it :))

trd_rolla
08-06-2010, 10:33 PM

Depending on variant, my 6th Gen Accord was built in USA. Pain in the ass considered several bolts are still imperial sizing!

spacekey
10-06-2010, 01:50 PM
The QA is not depend on where it is built, but the markbench they obey

NileshP
16-06-2010, 01:39 PM
Honda is basically trying to exploit the free trade agreement Australia has with Thailand. Many car companies are doing this for example; most of Nissan models come from Thailand. As for the quality, I don't see anything being compromised as the factory that produces these cars are Honda and Nissan commissioned as Japan too has trade agreements with Thailand. And ofcourse labour is much cheaper in Thailand - thus these marquees are able to price their cars competitively. It’s a different story for Holdens made in South Korea which are basically Daewoo badged as Holdens and many other GM models. GM bought Daewoo, lock stock and barrel not too long ago.

threesix
23-06-2010, 01:38 PM
civic FD's are also from Thailand.

not mine. hehe