PDA

View Full Version : Apexi VAFC 2

New133
11-09-2009, 12:02 AM
Hey Peoples

Ive just joined OZ Honda and was wondering if anyone could tell me if the Apexi VAFC 2 improves the performance of the Accord Euro???

Im also interested in improving the air intake of the car can anyone help me with suggestions on what type of air intake i should look into???

Thanks.

craze
11-09-2009, 11:55 AM
you should use the search function as most of this stuff has been covered before but to answer your question vafc 2 can't tune vtec and is limited in what it can do you rather get piggy back ecu like e-management.
Some brand of intake you can look into are injen, gruppe M but its quite expensive, looking at around $500 for the injen not sure on the price on gruppe M. Cheaper alternative are comptech icebox (~$300) fujita (~$250)

New133
11-09-2009, 02:05 PM
Sorry mate. Like i said im new to the whole forum stuff. Never played around with any engines before, usually just sound systems and exterior. Just wondering on how to get a little more performance from an engine that has the capabilities of so much more than Honda tune it for.
Thanks for your post.

hooyn
11-09-2009, 04:51 PM
Go for a cheaper intake such as an icebox or the fujita or you could even DIY. A "COLD AIR INTAKE" is literally just a pipe with a pod filter stuck on the end with some research research done for optimal diameter for air velocity and friction reduction.

Not worth spending $500 on in my opinion.

If you want performance you'de be best doing the entire i/h/e aswell.

tony1234
11-09-2009, 05:51 PM
Sorry mate. Like i said im new to the whole forum stuff. Never played around with any engines before, usually just sound systems and exterior. Just wondering on how to get a little more performance from an engine that has the capabilities of so much more than Honda tune it for.
Thanks for your post.
Get Icebox(approx.$300)Comptech headers $1000 plus install.Don't worry about the cat back,too much $$$ for too little return in power.

hooyn
11-09-2009, 06:46 PM
if you're going to get headers than you should get a new cat and exhaust so that the header can perform to its full potential.

think of it in this way, the header allows better exhaust flow straight from the engine, if you have the standard cat and exhaust wouldnt that just mean that the flow is still restricted but just at a different section in the system.

craze
11-09-2009, 10:08 PM
if you're going to get headers than you should get a new cat and exhaust so that the header can perform to its full potential.

think of it in this way, the header allows better exhaust flow straight from the engine, if you have the standard cat and exhaust wouldnt that just mean that the flow is still restricted but just at a different section in the system.

i think changing the headers and cat is sufficent enough i think the stock exhaust is quite good? i didn't feel much difference after changing cat back exhaust i think most gains are from the headers and cat but if you have deep pockets then its best to change it all

integral90
12-09-2009, 07:20 PM
i think changing the headers and cat is sufficent enough i think the stock exhaust is quite good? i didn't feel much difference after changing cat back exhaust i think most gains are from the headers and cat but if you have deep pockets then its best to change it all

Stock catback is good for up to (approx.) 120kW

Man just do your clutch and flywheel, you'll notice much more difference than doing all this intake and header bullshit