PDA

View Full Version : DC5R Door Speakers.

WATAJK
13-09-2009, 08:55 AM
I hoping to change mine so if anyone could notify me, that'd be great :)
Thanks

ICACHA
13-09-2009, 09:40 PM
take off the door trims and measure depth, that way you will have more of a choice when browsing ebay...

mattyd
14-09-2009, 11:13 AM
they are pretty shallow mounting depths and you are really limited for choice when it comes to this.

Im running a set of kicker splits in there, the magnet a the back is quite small so it fit in nicely. I have had these for about 3 years and i dont know the model number.

Sound wise they are ok. Nothing awe inspiring, the mid is lacking a little, however the highs are good.

But as per previous post, measure in and see what you come up with, you may want to add spacers to the door also

WATAJK
14-09-2009, 03:16 PM
Alright cheers guys thank
If anyone knows the actual sizes of the speakers 2 that'd be great

Zinyo
14-09-2009, 06:15 PM
why change it dude...i reckon the dc5r stock speakers are actually pretty good...just change the head unit =]

WATAJK
14-09-2009, 08:28 PM
Mine are crack'd lol
Previous owner has had a sub i fink...
Wouldn't know though as i bought from a dealer..
All the wires n shit have been removed, basically the speakers are f*cked :P lol
Plus im trying build a decent system in the car 2

miaturd
15-09-2009, 10:40 AM
the mounting depth in dc5r doors are very shallow and usually with decent splits they have quite a big magnet on the back. I would stick to 6" component splits as the holes in the doors arent that big and even with these you'll most probably end up needing some speaker spacers.
I have a set of 6.5" dd audio splits and found it extremely difficult to fit them with the appropriate spacers.
Im assuming you have an aftermarket headunit as well... so in the process would also highly recommend to get an amp to run the fronts

Hope that helps a bit

WATAJK
15-09-2009, 04:16 PM
Cheers mate it does.
Planning to get an amp so dw :)
Thanks 4 all that

jahniel24
18-09-2009, 09:25 AM
just put it sony splits the other day it was 6'' but we had to put spacers in it. it wouldnt be a perfect fit..but if u put spacers it we'll be fine so u can have more choices..

randalln
18-09-2009, 06:07 PM
6" splits will be fine in the dc5r and some 6.5" will fit nicely.

do some research first, if your really stumped on what will fit and what won't then just pop down to any car audio workshop n ask the installers eg. jb hifi, strathfield, autobarn.

if you just have the odd question or 2 they're normally very helpful

Joe Bellissimo
18-09-2009, 06:23 PM
If your looking for a VERY decent set of front splits check these ones out:

http://www.shoppingsecure.com.au/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=5

I've got a couple rexie owners with those installed so theyre quite easy to fit in most doors. Let me know how deep your mounting depth is and compare it to the mounting depth I listed on the website.