PDA

View Full Version : will dc2r front bushings fit dc2 vtir??

Terryfying
15-09-2009, 01:28 PM
hmm i have no ideas about suspensions or bushing so just bear with me....like everytime i go over humps or drive over anything unstable or exiting a drive way kindathing i hear like creaks..first i thought my shocks were fked or something but been told by my friend that it was my bushings...now my question is would it be the front bushings or???and would dc2r front bishings will fit vtir?? if someones had the same problem before your help would be much appreciated!! thanks

Bludger
15-09-2009, 04:22 PM
more specific?

Terryfying
15-09-2009, 05:47 PM
updated first post

Bludger
15-09-2009, 07:12 PM
it could be old shocks or yes, it could be your bushings....

I'm quite sure that all dc2r bushings will fit the Vti-R but don't quote me on that one.

Just going through all the suspension parts through my head and I can't see where there could be a difference..... just maybe or maybe not the dc2r may have harder rubber bushings.....

if you were to get the bushings done, then I'm assuming you wouldn't do them yourself seeing as though you have no idea about suspensions.....

You can either order stock bushings from Honda dc2r/vtir, I think they're the same or you can rock up to a suspension place and get them to fit polyurethane bushings which would be more performance orientated.......

Its debatable on which would last longer (been done here on this forum) but OEM Honda bushings wouldn't be cheap & getting them installed wouldn't be cheap either.....

Terryfying
15-09-2009, 08:07 PM
would u know rough figure of prices???and would it affect anything if i leave it as it is??? thanks bludger

Bludger
15-09-2009, 08:14 PM
don't ask me for price, I'm not the one selling it.

Ask the price from someone that sells it.

It might effect your sanity.

Terryfying
15-09-2009, 08:16 PM
LOL...hmm reckon itll be fine the way it is and leave it or do it?

imratedpg
19-09-2009, 01:27 PM
its ur swaybar bushes/endlinks

krogoth
21-09-2009, 01:41 PM
for good quality after market bushings, for the whole car, you might be looking at $800 to $1000

and this is more of a suspension/handling upgrade than a i want to fix a noisy creak

installation is another extra cost

DIY is a big job, your car may be off the road for a few days if you havent got som1 with you who knows what they are doing

kairi_k
25-09-2009, 03:32 PM
just got my dc2r front bushings done $350 parts and labour. i think the bushings were from a second hand dealer, said they were from an EM1? just a figure for you.