PDA

View Full Version : Engine Idle.Crome ECU

blabla
15-09-2009, 11:52 PM
Hi guys,

Issue:
Check engine light come today while is was driving I put fuel in (as you do). Started the car drove of and abt 5-10mins later the car started to feel like it does when there is no fuel in it and then it felt like it got a large amount of fuel through the lines, as this happened the check engine light came on the idle was sitting at 1500rpm. so i switch the car off and the turned it back on the check engine light switched but the idle was still off. so i drove the car and let it sit there for abt 20mins and turned it back on and everything was fine.
The car was tuned about a yr and bit ago.

DOES THIS SOUND LIKE A COMMON ISSUE WITH THE CROME ECU'S.

Should leave it as a crome or change it to hondata to stop the cold start issue.

ECU-MAN
16-09-2009, 08:23 AM
check your ecu for codes to find what is wrong.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67113

blabla
16-09-2009, 08:47 AM
check your ecu for codes to find what is wrong.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67113

Sorry mate but I am not going to do it myself and make it worse. Anyone else

GSi_PSi
16-09-2009, 09:53 AM
lol what a noob. you need to find out what cel light your getting.

are you worried about the CEL light or the cold start issue?

Crome is not a ECU on its self, its just a program used to tune the chippable honda ecu's such as p28,p72

string
16-09-2009, 03:51 PM
If a sensor clip fell off or failed, getting the ECU code will tell you straight away what the problem is. If you can't check for codes you should be riding the bus.

blabla
16-09-2009, 06:44 PM
lol what a noob. you need to find out what cel light your getting.

are you worried about the CEL light or the cold start issue?

Crome is not a ECU on its self, its just a program used to tune the chippable honda ecu's such as p28,p72

have u ever herd of a diagnostic machine. No need for name calling. So you are going to tell me that hondata isnt an ecu? Or is that just software? also im not happy with the fact i have to sit there for 5-10mins until the car is warm.

blabla
16-09-2009, 06:47 PM
If a sensor clip fell off or failed, getting the ECU code will tell you straight away what the problem is. If you can't check for codes you should be riding the bus.

ppl get paid to do these sorts of things.

No need to be a smart ass if you dont have anything better to say DONT!!!!

string
16-09-2009, 06:57 PM
You can do it yourself in less than the time it would take to FIND SOMEONE to do it for you. If you like wasting money though, go ahead and let someone take you for a ride.

You've modified your car to the extent that you had to have it tuned. It would be wise to learn how to read ECU codes (the link ECU-MAN provides holds you hand through the process - excellent guide). Investing in your own skills always pays off.

GSi_PSi
16-09-2009, 06:58 PM
have u ever herd of a diagnostic machine. No need for name calling. So you are going to tell me that hondata isnt an ecu? Or is that just software? also im not happy with the fact i have to sit there for 5-10mins until the car is warm.

Dude were trying to help you, why pay someone when you can do a 30second check for the CEL code you are getting. A Hondata is programmable ecu you buy, whether its standalone or piggybacked with a OEM honda ecu.
Crome is free software used to tune OEM Honda Chipped ECU's.

As for your original question : No it is not common on Crome tuned ECU's as i am running a chipped ecu and its fine.
What was your point of this thread if you want to pay someone to check it for you?.

blabla
17-09-2009, 08:09 PM
I'll try and have a go.

blabla
17-09-2009, 08:23 PM
thanx

GSi_PSi
17-09-2009, 09:07 PM
how did you go?..

blabla
17-09-2009, 09:32 PM
how did you go?..

not at home ill give it a shot tomorrow.. in the afternoon. another question b20vtec worth it or not worth it?

GSi_PSi
17-09-2009, 09:52 PM
lol worth it?. Hell yea....only problem is traction lol. wheels start screeching when vtec comes on in first.. maybe i need better tyres :)

blabla
17-09-2009, 10:03 PM
lol worth it?. Hell yea....only problem is traction lol. wheels start screeching when vtec comes on in first.. maybe i need better tyres :)

ye i know stupid question. I want one lol.. need more bottom end.

Chr1s
18-09-2009, 08:08 AM
1.6 is cute.

heheheh

blabla
19-09-2009, 10:30 AM
how did you go?..

No errors came up. so i took it to adrian from today and he checked the jumper was lil too loose just flipped it around and it sat tighter.