PDA

View Full Version : how to lower 2-2.5 inches

michael_antoi
15-11-2004, 06:19 PM
did a search but couldn't find the exact answer

looking to lower my car about 2-2.5 inches..

dont want 1.5 coz i might not be happy with it

dont want 3 coz i dont want rediculously low..

how much will superlow king springs bring me down..

i heard it was 3inches and that normal kings springs were 1.5 inches

is this correct...ho can i get around 2-2.5 inches?

luzinit
15-11-2004, 08:43 PM
heheh very good question mate.. i too want to know what springs give a 50mm ~ 2.5inch drop. can anyone help us??!?! eibach sportlines is only 1.8", not quite the drop im after, and i dont wanna go custom springs either >.<

i've heard h&r 'race' springs is about that much drop but i dont know of anyone that stocks h&r

MrPlow
15-11-2004, 09:18 PM
Just get custom ones made,

Allsprings in Moorebank, You point the the height you want your car at, and they will set it to that exact point!!!

vtc
15-11-2004, 09:32 PM
Yeah most suspension places should be able to re spring to whatever haight you want.. Ozzy tyres told me any height i want using King spings

HRV-80Y
15-11-2004, 09:39 PM
Yeah most suspension places should be able to re spring to whatever haight you want.. Ozzy tyres told me any height i want using King spings

i got my car lowered at ozzytyres...hussein got me kmac's...any height any car...starts from $350 fitted...

Boost
16-11-2004, 06:19 AM
are u running kmacs with standard shocks??..
Ive got kmac with standard on my teggy and the ride is too harsh for my ass. :D

DLO01
16-11-2004, 08:03 AM
did a search but couldn't find the exact answer

looking to lower my car about 2-2.5 inches..

dont want 1.5 coz i might not be happy with it

dont want 3 coz i dont want rediculously low..

how much will superlow king springs bring me down..

i heard it was 3inches and that normal kings springs were 1.5 inches

is this correct...ho can i get around 2-2.5 inches?

I pretty sure King Spring Super Lows lower your car 50mm
I have King Spring Lows on my car and its only about 30mm.
I am pretty sure Super Lows are 50mm. Can somone confirm this?

Mr. Focus
16-11-2004, 08:06 AM
yeap super lows are 50mm and lows are 30mm. they've also got ultra low now (not sure of the drop tho)

Perry
16-11-2004, 10:02 AM
heheh very good question mate.. i too want to know what springs give a 50mm ~ 2.5inch drop. can anyone help us??!?! eibach sportlines is only 1.8", not quite the drop im after, and i dont wanna go custom springs either >.<

i've heard h&r 'race' springs is about that much drop but i dont know of anyone that stocks h&r

Online Performance stocks h&R
and allsprings stocks custom springs very reasonable price as well

Alpine
16-11-2004, 01:54 PM

That's not exactly accurate. I rang OzzyTyres looking for a 1.5" drop and the guy on the phone said they can't do 1.5", only 1" or 2", nothing inbetween. So "any height any car" in their advertising is bullshit.

FR33K
16-11-2004, 02:04 PM
hmmm ozzy tyres and tempe tyres are kinda the same i think.. and they were both the same price
and they do do custom springs using kmacs, king and some other brand that i cant remember...
just be careful... i asked for 2.75 inches at tempe tyres and they came back 4.5.. so then i had to get them out and i got them reset at 3 inches...and they will be pricks about it if they make a mistake and say you wanted it like that

bennettaru
18-11-2004, 05:32 PM
coilovers ;)

sivic
18-11-2004, 05:45 PM
be careful with places that state "any car any height" sort of thing. spring manufacturers generally only make certain hieghts unles you get customs. these places that say any height often compress the springs to achieve the height which results in incorrect spring rate for the ride height. often results in crappy ride and poor handling

Alpine
18-11-2004, 08:26 PM
be careful with places that state "any car any height" sort of thing. spring manufacturers generally only make certain hieghts unles you get customs. these places that say any height often compress the springs to achieve the height which results in incorrect spring rate for the ride height. often results in crappy ride and poor handling

So are you suggesting that OzzyTyres could be dodgy? Their prices are pretty cheap for supply and fit of Kings.

sivic
19-11-2004, 12:36 AM
dont know about them. but i know king spring only make 3 standard heights and thats what gets used in the cheaper deals. if you want a custom hieght you'll need custom springs, which king spring do but at a price. so basically not really sure how ozzy goes about it but personally i wouldnt go with compressed springs