PDA

View Full Version : Skunk2 vs. Tein S-Tech

blackk
17-09-2009, 03:48 PM
hey guys,
My civic coupe is sitting at stock height atm and its pretty damn high :( I'm after buying a set of new lowering springs between these 2 sets. Let me know the pros/cons and experience on your car. Which sags more and how much of a drop is it going to give me after a few months. It's going to be daily driven not tracked. I'm after about at least 1.5 finger gap in the rear, 1 finger gap at the front and has to be at least practical to drive around
The price difference is $66USD with tein being more expensive.

DEMON83
17-09-2009, 04:11 PM
Hi i have been in a mates EJ8 with Tein SS coilovers and i have had Cusco comp S in my EM1. I now use Skunk2 ProC coilovers. out of the 3 i would recommend getting Skunk2 based on top quality and adjustable damper rate with pre load and separate hight adjust. Just getting spring is good but as a daily u might find the car will bottom out with dips in the road. I had that with the cusco's. What spring rates are u getting?

MRK20CRX
17-09-2009, 04:40 PM
are you using the stock shocks man? when i lowered my ef8 the front kept bottoming out everywhere, it's really annoying, i suggest you save up that little more and opt for tein basic coilover, perfect for you needs, you can adjust to your desired height, it you get just the springs, and you install them, you might not like the height of it, i know i don't on my ef8, the rear has king spring lows and it hardly dropped a cm. hope this helps man

blackk
17-09-2009, 05:16 PM
^ yeh i'm just going to use stock shocks with the aftermarket springs. Seeing another member with s-tech springs on his em1 looks perfect height to me and the drop looks noticable too, not too low. I'm juggling with the skunk2 cause its a cheaper option aswell and hearing good review and quality about it but i heard it sags alot

Hi i have been in a mates EJ8 with Tein SS coilovers and i have had Cusco comp S in my EM1. I now use Skunk2 ProC coilovers. out of the 3 i would recommend getting Skunk2 based on top quality and adjustable damper rate with pre load and separate hight adjust. Just getting spring is good but as a daily u might find the car will bottom out with dips in the road. I had that with the cusco's. What spring rates are u getting?

Not too sure about spring rates. Coilovers are over my budget but i'll take that into consideration. THanks :)

blackk
17-09-2009, 09:44 PM
help? :o

sinseven
18-09-2009, 09:20 AM
They are both quality...

Teins can be more expensive.

I no the skunk2 is a drop of 2' on front and 2.5' at rear.

Teins heard they are around 1' to 1.5' drop all round.

Best bet ring someone who supplys both and ask them what the drop is.

Personally id go skunk2:)

You should get adjustable shocks!

But if your just getting springs and will move to coilovers id just save for coilovers but if you want don't fork money on them just get kings.

If your here to get springs aswell as shocks id go koni yellows and skunk2.

Personally what id do but not going to change your way or anything just some advice and stuff.

Goodluck!

blackk
23-09-2009, 03:39 PM
i dont think im going for coilovers, theyre wayy over my budget. where can i get koni yellows cause i cant seem to find it on the site that i want to order the springs off.
Any coupe owners on skunk2??