PDA

View Full Version : dc5r idle problems

pung_dc2
18-09-2009, 11:44 AM
hi guys,
have over the last couple of months had a problem with the idle. it is revving at 500rpm after the car is warm. as soon as i give it a bit of a thrash (say about 5 mins) it goes away.

the car does needs a service. would that be the case? or is it something else.

sorry if this has been covered in the past guys.

its just very annoying when there hasn't been a problem before.

thanks in advance

liger0
19-09-2009, 01:15 PM
DC5R's really need there servicing done on time and every 5000km or 3 months whatever comes first, Although the k20 is a wicked strong engine and take a lot of beatings, they only do this if u take care of them also. My suggestion to you would be to get the serving done asap, get a tune whilst ur there also... and please get it done by someone who knows Honda engines. hope this helps

WATAJK
19-09-2009, 02:24 PM
DC5R's really need there servicing done on time and every 5000km or 3 months whatever comes first, Although the k20 is a wicked strong engine and take a lot of beatings, they only do this if u take care of them also. My suggestion to you would be to get the serving done asap, get a tune whilst ur there also... and please get it done by someone who knows Honda engines. hope this helps

+1 To this
As he said if u cant take it to a honda dealership take it to sum1 who knows what to check etc

pung_dc2
19-09-2009, 07:43 PM
thanks guys