PDA

View Full Version : Air Flow Vent control problem

rrc36
18-09-2009, 03:57 PM
Hi,

My Civic GLi'02 recently has this problem. The cabin air flow can be switched to any mode but center and corner only mode.
I mean, if i switched the Mode control dial to:
1.Windshield vents only - works OK
2.Windshield and floor vents - works OK
3.Floor vents only - works OK
4.Dashboard and floor vents - works OK
5.Dashboard only(center and corner) - not OK, floor vents still blowing.
So, it looks like it is stuck at no.4

A/C and blower fan working fine.
Any one has this kind of problem before? Any quick fix for this?
Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks very much,
Have a nice day

SHU-ES1
19-09-2009, 07:29 PM
that is the sedan? from my previous experience, you have electric control of the air flow path. the part that controls this should be located above the glove box compartment to the right hand side, next to your centre climate control console. you will most likely see a metal wire connecting to a cog which moves as you turn the knobs. if you can have visual access to the cog, have someone change the positioning from step 4 - 5 and see if it moves. if it doesn't, you probably have a problem with the actuator which control this. don't quote me on the word actuator, but its the only word i could think of to describe the part. i have a civic vi, and everything is controlled by cables rather than electrics but in my old civic es like your model, it was the same setup but just having electric motors move the parts rather than cables. let me know how you go. sorry about being so vague with my explanation.

rrc36
25-09-2009, 12:14 AM
After few busy days, finally got the time to try fixing the problem again. Thanks to SHU-ES1 about the cog. Apparently found out that there is a wire blocking the cog movement from stage 4->5.
Tidied up the wire, tested again. Foot vent is completely off now. YAY.
That wire is the Stereo Head unit's wire installed few months back. Now if i recall back a bit, the airflow vent problem came up after I had my buddy upgraded my headunit. It all makes sense now. =]

It is good to have it fixed, now i can enjoy my aircon better.
Many thanks again to SHU-ES1.