PDA

View Full Version : Help with the wheels and brembos

rokkuchan
19-09-2009, 01:20 AM
Hi,
this is what im interested

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2477067#post2477067

- Will they directly bolt to S2K mounts and fit oem rotors?
- Are DC5R oem pads / S2K pads the same??
- I'm planning to buy CE28N Time attack 17" (either 7.5/8.5 or 8.5/9.5)
Prefering 7.5/8.5 with more aggressive offsets
- So with above wheels, what offsets need to clear those brembos (if they do directly bolt on).

Anyhelp would be great.

Cheers.

JAP-S2K
19-09-2009, 06:26 AM
I am looking into doing this right now, info that have come across is good and bad.

There are some in the states that have done this conversion, and claim it is a bolt up fit. And that standard rotors are used.
Aus spec DC5R and AP1 pads are the same, and obviously the JDM DC5R are different.
With rim clearance, look into known S2K's with big calipers fitted (not spoon though) for an answer, my calc's came up with 7.5" rim, offset less than +28 and 8.5" rim, offset less than +40.

Dreams
19-09-2009, 06:53 AM
aggresive = rolling guards rocku2!

ludecrs
19-09-2009, 07:25 AM
If its any help, my Spoons clear with a fingers gap on 18x8 35, but remember spoke design plays a major part in caliper fitment.

JAP-S2K
19-09-2009, 08:53 AM
Dreams has brought up a very good point of, there would be no way of running Brembo calipers without rolling guards, it's more than likely you'll need to flare out factory guards to make them fit. When weighing up all the follow on required mods to make Brembo's fit. The Spoon option seems to be a great one and quite trouble free.
If your serious about the Brembo upgrade, definately step up the size of the rotors, as this is where all your stopping performance comes from. All that is required is a caliper bracket, in which case any type/style of caliper can be used.

rokkuchan
19-09-2009, 10:14 AM
aggresive = rolling guards rocku2!

haha... we'll see... oi Dreams come with me again to order the wheels on Tuesday!

Also found place in ADL to do the brackets - SIMAX Engineering ... but that's forking out another 500 or so... Can buy new Spoonies with the total amount... mmm