PDA

View Full Version : Manliness of driving a Jazz

alcheMist
20-09-2009, 02:17 AM
Opinions? Thoughts?

I was considering a Jazz as a car of choice, but I've decided to back down since I won't have money for a kit or anything for a while and it looks kind of pansy/girly in my opinion.

I know it can look nice and more 'buff' or what not but what do you think?

Opinions on driving your Jazz as a guy?

Are you getting laughed at by your friends?

I'm not sure how old everyone is here, but I turn 20 soon and cred is all I have, if i get a Jazz, i see it all running down the drain.

THOUGHTS?!

samsung001
20-09-2009, 02:31 AM
Are you really choosing a car depends on what we thought here? Anyway......the reason i bought the jazz is the fuel consumption......am i getting laughed by my fds??? hahahaha???........you 're getting laughed by asking this question.........you should get a Ferrari if you really worry about it.;)

alcheMist
20-09-2009, 03:09 AM
Ha. You'd be surprised, my friends are all driving their commodores and I'd turn up to the group with a Jazz and driving in a group just seems odd to me. Sure laugh away, I couldn't careless but I'd just like to see how your own experiences are with it.

JasonGilholme
20-09-2009, 07:52 AM
if all your mates are driving commodores they've got their own problems already. They don't look manly, they look like bogans. (assuming they want to modify them etc) sorry but its the truth.

if you can drive a car (that you think is girly) and you can stand up to their stupid little taunts then you're the man. so what if they can beat you in a race, at least your car will start every time you want it to.

They're just a bitch ass flock of sheep that are sniffing each other and can't think for themselves.

P.S i drive girls cars too. 03 Barina and 96 Del Sol. hehe

Q_ball
20-09-2009, 09:27 AM
Girls cars rock!
I"m slowly adapting to my VTIS after selling off my teg haha.

spastic
20-09-2009, 09:28 AM
jazz is the pussiest car ever made, i've driven one feels so small and poofterish. Needless to say i will never drive one again in my life.

bennjamin
20-09-2009, 10:05 AM
jazz is just slow. but , on standard tyres and suspension is a surprisingly agile car. That is , does daily driving perfectly. It wont slide out suddenly or snap oversteer.

And i still get laid when driving one so if my ugly head gets it im sure you will too.

spastic
20-09-2009, 10:07 AM
benjamin we are not questioning its build quality agileness etc. We are questioning how u feel/look driving a jazz. If u can't afford fuel i say get a jazz otherwise get something else. I'm waiting for all the manly jazz drivers to come on and say otherwise 'its a track car etc etc' all that bs.

STTICH
20-09-2009, 10:08 AM
on a serious and honest note.

its gonna be ur car, and u will b the one driving it. if u dont feel comfortable, i'd probably wont recommend u to buying one.

bennjamin
20-09-2009, 10:12 AM
benjamin we are not questioning its build quality agileness etc. We are questioning how u feel/look driving a jazz. If u can't afford fuel i say get a jazz otherwise get something else. I'm waiting for all the manly jazz drivers to come on and say otherwise 'its a track car etc etc' all that bs.

Hmm yep yep - a jazz is NOT a car to impress anyone. Im a particularly manly looking duden(IE hairy , typically euro clog-wog looking bloke) and its not a car i would ever drive. Its my gfs and im happy it has a slight tint lol.

If you cant afford fuel , get a eg or a ek for cheap and offset the initial saving back into fuel to move it lol.

spastic
20-09-2009, 10:15 AM
i'd lol if i saw a big white hairy ranga driving a jazz with his seat all the way back and head touching the roof. So what if u didn't have a slight tint? you'd chuck on a wig and pretend to be pauline hanson?

Dreams
20-09-2009, 10:32 AM
lol nothing wrong with honda jazz as a daily.

SHOGUNOVDDRK
20-09-2009, 10:47 AM
ok, lets look at this from another angle, shall we?
Providing you get the Jazz (would be my second choice after a Euro) its a girly car, yes and yes they can look tough with work.

But chicks dig them and they will dig your car, they will come to dig the mods. i know bogan chicks will dig bogan cars, so your mates are safe there.

I don't really see issues with jazz's, i'd drive one without issue, the amount of times i've spoken to a hot girl and she's asked "what do you drive" then following the answer and honda being in the equation "omg like a jazz? Their so cute!!!!" has followed is crazy.

mars_panas
20-09-2009, 11:20 AM
HAHAHA yeh shopony is right... i drive a Jazz i get mock by a few mates with EVo's and shit like that but hey i don't care...

but when ever we go parties girls check out my jazz than the skylines evos or watever sport car that was there...

because you don't see many done up so its unique

so i believe a Jazz is a chick magnet haha if you do it up right...

STTICH
20-09-2009, 12:27 PM
P.S i drive girls cars too. 03 Barina and 96 Del Sol. hehe

well said Jase, w00t i got 2 more girlier car lol :p

dont mean to hi-jack thread. jst bored.

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/6536/img3380t.jpg

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/7640/img2513d.jpg

spastic
20-09-2009, 12:29 PM
dude why are you highjacking no need to showoff ur cars. his talking dead stock jazz.
get that shit out of here, ok we get it your cars or orsm on the interwebs.

STTICH
20-09-2009, 12:31 PM
calm down mate... calm down lol.

spastic
20-09-2009, 12:33 PM
im simply saying no need to showoff no one asked for pics your hijacking the poor guys thread.

20-09-2009, 12:40 PM
baaah who cares!! 40 BUCKS OF FUEL CAN GET YOU 580 KM!! laugh back at them .. now !! GO !!!

lol... i used to have the GE8 Vti-s .. even my gf laugh at my bro laught at me... well its nice car!!, good handling, very light.. just not enough punch .. =.=....

i have evo that drinks 40L in 350 km (BP98)
used to had the jazz 40L for 580km (unleaded)

it still gets you from point A to B safely. same distance traveled and same amount of time. with less fuel and cost to run =) what esles do you want from it?

Jazz = win win all day long for daily but very boring to drive ... lol!!
EVO = Its like a dream if u have one =p

thats why have a second car to drive ahahhaah

alcheMist
20-09-2009, 03:27 PM
lol @ spastic, relaxxx bruuuuuu :D

@040501912

How boring is boring? I'm sure you could beef it up or something..

Lukey
20-09-2009, 04:20 PM
i'd lol if i saw a big white hairy ranga driving a jazz with his seat all the way back and head touching the roof.
epic.

fundies
20-09-2009, 05:24 PM
jazz is the pussiest car ever made, i've driven one feels so small and poofterish. Needless to say i will never drive one again in my life.

LOL at the spastic homo.

spastic
20-09-2009, 05:27 PM
i think ur the lol here, u drive a jazz.

curtis265
20-09-2009, 09:18 PM
^lol ur going all out aren't you.

Jazz isn't a pussy car. Yaris's are, Barina's are, Getz's are, and so are Micras.

Jazz is the least homo.

redmugenjazz
20-09-2009, 09:55 PM
nice car stitch, never considered cpr's to suit the jazz, well from personal experince, i did feel abit pansy when i drove my stock vti with steelies, lol so i got mugen kit and lowered it on springs, done............... it really depends on what u do to it.

Poeter
20-09-2009, 11:35 PM
If driving a jazz ruins your manlihood then that's pretty sad and narrow minded.

I'll hate to think that the type of car one person drives is the only pride a man can have. I certainly do not need a powerful car to make myself feel like a man nor does driving a jazz make me feel intimidated.

20-09-2009, 11:57 PM
lol @ spastic, relaxxx bruuuuuu :D

@040501912

How boring is boring? I'm sure you could beef it up or something..

Hey yah, how much you wanna to spent on a jazz??? to make it a 11 second car?? ...

not worth to do a perfomance package on it.. slap in a turbo the most you can get is 14 seconds with standard engine.. that what makes me to jump ship..!!
i love hondas, in my garage there is 2 others =) lol and thats why im still here in ozhonda forum AHAHAHAH

i was seriously thinking of going k20 route.. but its pointless to make and such a waste of money...

if you look at my build thread.. you see what i've put on it.. ;)
all i did just do up the handling and that is not cheap china parts.. :thumbsup:

to be honest jazz its an agile car but has no power/torque therefore in my point of view was okay.. for a economical car..

it doesnt matter what you drive.. jazz is more like a daily car.. get to point a to b as i stated before..

ignore those people that look at it as a pu55y car.. lol i still respect highly of people who done it up =) like some people here

ie, stitch, dyljoy and others.. that i cant remember.. :thumbsup:

Rai-C
20-09-2009, 11:58 PM
id love to drive a jazz just to see if any of my friends can tell the difference between the jazz and my EP3 lol

alcheMist
21-09-2009, 12:03 PM
i guess being a student, having something thats fuel eco is probably the best thing, 40 bucks a week on petrol would be good, rather than something that guzzles like 60 bucks a week or so.

jazz it is.
having a look at matt's jazz later today, hopefully i like it and am ables to get it :D

21-09-2009, 12:28 PM
i guess being a student, having something thats fuel eco is probably the best thing, 40 bucks a week on petrol would be good, rather than something that guzzles like 60 bucks a week or so.

jazz it is.
having a look at matt's jazz later today, hopefully i like it and am ables to get it :D

hey man, its late model car.. dont worry about it. its just a daily..
its younger, safer than the older honda due to the latest tech.

not saying eg/ek's or other honda crap, but the younger the better and less chassis strain and no rust :thumbsup:

finish off uni.. get a good job collect money then get a better car :angel:

if you accumulate that money that you save from filling up fuel.. every week

you could get your self an EVO!!! :eek: HAHAHAHAAH j'ks man

TT44NG
21-09-2009, 12:41 PM
pretty foolish to think a car determines the gender of a person..
jazz isnt that bad..
besides, only those immature people would think ur a fag for driving a jazz anyway..other MATURE people wont look at you twice thinking 'wtf this MAN is driving GIRLY JAZZ'

a car is a car, if u dont like it u drive something else..now is not the time to be picky on cars, its the time to save your $$$ the smartest way short and long term wise.

JasonGilholme
21-09-2009, 01:15 PM
spastic = spastic

if me and kev can make girly cars look and feel good then anyone can. :thumbsup:

FitRS
21-09-2009, 02:19 PM
Dunno why you should care what others think about what car you drive. The real benefits of the Jazz are easily realised over the machismo of a v8 'dore.

It's a great looking car and it's far from a girly style no matter how much some people try to tell you.

spastic
21-09-2009, 02:25 PM
Hmm yep yep - a jazz is NOT a car to impress anyone. Im a particularly manly looking duden(IE hairy , typically euro clog-wog looking bloke) and its not a car i would ever drive. Its my gfs and im happy it has a slight tint lol.

If you cant afford fuel , get a eg or a ek for cheap and offset the initial saving back into fuel to move it lol.

the hairy mod has spoken.

dyljoy
21-09-2009, 02:54 PM
thanks 040501912, I will keep my Jazz as good as I can. Love this car.

Hey yah, how much you wanna to spent on a jazz??? to make it a 11 second car?? ...

not worth to do a perfomance package on it.. slap in a turbo the most you can get is 14 seconds with standard engine.. that what makes me to jump ship..!!
i love hondas, in my garage there is 2 others =) lol and thats why im still here in ozhonda forum AHAHAHAH

i was seriously thinking of going k20 route.. but its pointless to make and such a waste of money...

if you look at my build thread.. you see what i've put on it.. ;)
all i did just do up the handling and that is not cheap china parts.. :thumbsup:

to be honest jazz its an agile car but has no power/torque therefore in my point of view was okay.. for a economical car..

it doesnt matter what you drive.. jazz is more like a daily car.. get to point a to b as i stated before..

ignore those people that look at it as a pu55y car.. lol i still respect highly of people who done it up =) like some people here

ie, stitch, dyljoy and others.. that i cant remember.. :thumbsup:

spastic
21-09-2009, 03:12 PM
^lol ur going all out aren't you.

Jazz isn't a pussy car. Yaris's are, Barina's are, Getz's are, and so are Micras.

Jazz is the least homo.

hypocritical much?

JasonGilholme
21-09-2009, 03:46 PM
I don't think any of those cars that curtis265 mentioned are pussy.

My i think the barina is better then the jazz, thats why i got one. Mines an SRI. 1.8LTR, ABS, ESP, Traction Control, Cruise Control, Air Con etc. Its got it all.

Out handles alot of things and will keep up with those v6 commodores from the lights.

I have no problems driving it.

but if its a looks think i think they're all ok. better things out there though. what about the ralliart colt?? Looks a bit weird but is quick aparently.

Zinyo
21-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Seriously...there's absoutely nothing wrong for us guys to drive a jazz...when my sis went overseas for a month, i decided to drive her vtis (filled with those hello kitty/doraemon accessories on it...meh...) as a daily and leave my dc5r at home...and i actually enjoyed driving the jazz...they're real easy to drive, easy to live with, easy on your wallet, easy to park and lastly...who gives a crap what anyone else thinks =]

mars_panas
21-09-2009, 05:08 PM
Seriously...there's absoutely nothing wrong for us guys to drive a jazz...when my sis went overseas for a month, i decided to drive her vtis (filled with those hello kitty/doraemon accessories on it...meh...) as a daily and leave my dc5r at home...and i actually enjoyed driving the jazz...they're real easy to drive, easy to live with, easy on your wallet, easy to park and lastly...who gives a crap what anyone else thinks =]

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

spastic
21-09-2009, 05:27 PM
who gives a crap what anyone else thinks. i agree with you guys 100% but im just sick of the double standards here. You guys give Ford/Commodore as hoons/bogans as soon as someone pokes fun at the jazz saying its a girly car you guys get all offended and kick up a fuss to try prove how girly it isn't.

curtis265
21-09-2009, 06:23 PM
Someone please tell me that micra's aren't ghey.

Anyway, why should anyone invest their manhood in their car? It's like comparing penis size...

'size doesn't matter, it's the motion of the ocean that counts'

Simiarly, it's not how big ur car is, it's how u drive it that makes you more of a hoon/gentleman/oldperson/SUVsoccermum

krogoth
21-09-2009, 07:12 PM
i think the current jazz is no good because its overpriced and doesnt look good, imo

i dont pick cars for what other people may think of me, i couldnt give a ****

but i do cart around alot of fat ****s, so the jazz isnt really an option

fuel consumption and safety are great

and just for daily situations id rather have more power to work with

although that opinion may change as i sit in peak hour more often

4thGenExi
21-09-2009, 07:39 PM
I've been driving a stock Jazz for 2 years. I'm a 29 year old male. I couldn't give a complete and utter fuq what other drivers think of my car. I love the thing to bits and didn't buy it to impress anyone - I bought it because I genuinely wanted one.

The girlfriend loves it, and we didn't get together because I drive some blinged out, fibreglassed dumped on its arse defectmenowplease....you get the idea.

You might care about image, and fair enough, you're only 20. One day you'll realise no one else does :)

Waggy
21-09-2009, 10:24 PM
if all your mates are driving commodores they've got their own problems already. They don't look manly, they look like bogans. (assuming they want to modify them etc) sorry but its the truth.

if you can drive a car (that you think is girly) and you can stand up to their stupid little taunts then you're the man. so what if they can beat you in a race, at least your car will start every time you want it to.

They're just a bitch ass flock of sheep that are sniffing each other and can't think for themselves...

Hmmm. Dunno Jase, I normally find your posts pretty fair, but that's a generalisation if I ever saw one.

My brother has been modifying V8 Commodores and Toranas since he was 17 (that's 20 years ago). He loves them to death and wouldn't modify many other cars at all, but he gets in my DC5 and talks about how well the suspension is setup and how strong the engine is etc.. A bunch of my mates are the same... would I consider any of them bogans? Not in this lifetime.

I turn up to the local BP a few weekends ago to find the local classic car club (we're talking Valiant drivers, Monaros and Mopar stickers everywhere)... gave them a nod and a "nice Mango mate" and they say the same for my Honda... except for the Mango part of course. Does that mean I'm a bogan too?

Not meaning to have a go, it's just that sorta shit that keeps this scene from growing into anything worth taking seriously. Sure, there are the wankers in ANY make or model club, but people who modify Aussie muscle cars shouldn't be slapped with the "bogan" sticker. They should just be fellow car enthusiasts with different tastes.

Bitch ass flock of sheep that can't think of themselves...? That's a fanboy. They exist everywhere. Genuine JDM lowoffset rota rays scraping takatagreen bride omgkseriesornothingbawlergangstaphotoshootftwYOOOO O.

Edit: Oh, and for the sake of the thread - Jazz' are awesome. I'm considering one for my next car when I sell the DC5 :)

damienm
21-09-2009, 10:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niP0_56Hyns

krogoth
21-09-2009, 10:45 PM
Hmmm. Dunno Jase, I normally find your posts pretty fair, but that's a generalisation if I ever saw one.

My brother has been modifying V8 Commodores and Toranas since he was 17 (that's 20 years ago). He loves them to death and wouldn't modify many other cars at all, but he gets in my DC5 and talks about how well the suspension is setup and how strong the engine is etc.. A bunch of my mates are the same... would I consider any of them bogans? Not in this lifetime.

I turn up to the local BP a few weekends ago to find the local classic car club (we're talking Valiant drivers, Monaros and Mopar stickers everywhere)... gave them a nod and a "nice Mango mate" and they say the same for my Honda... except for the Mango part of course. Does that mean I'm a bogan too?

Not meaning to have a go, it's just that sorta shit that keeps this scene from growing into anything worth taking seriously. Sure, there are the wankers in ANY make or model club, but people who modify Aussie muscle cars shouldn't be slapped with the "bogan" sticker. They should just be fellow car enthusiasts with different tastes.

Bitch ass flock of sheep that can't think of themselves...? That's a fanboy. They exist everywhere. Genuine JDM lowoffset rota rays scraping takatagreen bride omgkseriesornothingbawlergangstaphotoshootftwYOOOO O.

Edit: Oh, and for the sake of the thread - Jazz' are awesome. I'm considering one for my next car when I sell the DC5 :)

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

spastic
21-09-2009, 11:09 PM

i agree very went said. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

rossw
23-09-2009, 04:40 PM
Opinions? Thoughts?

I was considering a Jazz as a car of choice, but I've decided to back down since I won't have money for a kit or anything for a while and it looks kind of pansy/girly in my opinion.

I know it can look nice and more 'buff' or what not but what do you think?

Opinions on driving your Jazz as a guy?

Are you getting laughed at by your friends?

I'm not sure how old everyone is here, but I turn 20 soon and cred is all I have, if i get a Jazz, i see it all running down the drain.

THOUGHTS?!

In Australia, it's marketed toward young women, but are you going to let some ad agency dictate what does and does not suit your needs?

My Jazz is our family car and our only transport at that. It does the job. I chose it because it had far and away more space than anything comparable, and had good writeups for dynamics.

The only similarly priced car superior in dynamics and safety at the time was the Mazda2, which has nowhere near as much space inside. Since the price rises on the 2009 models, my decision may have been different, but the Jazz was the best value option that suited my needs, marketing be damned.

spastic
23-09-2009, 05:12 PM
your lucky that u can get away with driving a jazz as a family car. Most families need an SUV of somesort.

Min988
23-09-2009, 08:09 PM
Car = Car
Choice = Choice

Screw the rest. No one cares 10 years later / 10 seconds later.

Also lol at the guys convincing themselves that its a manly car, its not. Period. Quit kidding yourself by looking for justification on an online forum. I'd drive one if its what I wanted "budget wise", but its not, but who gives a shit? I don't.

Confidence doesn't come in a can or even a car. It's the driver that counts.

I wasted 2 minutes of my life reading this thread/posting, but who gives a shit, I don't.

curtis265
23-09-2009, 09:29 PM
your lucky that u can get away with driving a jazz as a family car. Most families need an SUV of somesort.

My little asian familiy could fit in a jazz.

rossw
23-09-2009, 09:31 PM

I think it's more a case of "need to justify" rather than "need". Most families in Europe get by with a Peugeot 308 or similar, or maybe a Mondeo or a Renault Scenic for big families. It really isn't necessary to have a 2.5 Tonne behemoth just to transport a family. Nor does it need to be 4WD. There's another thread here somewhere where I describe our holidays in a Renault 12 (feeel the powaaa!!!) when I was a child in a family of 5.

Having said that, we are three and the Jazz suits us well. If we were 5 I might go up a size, but no need for a 4WD, since I don't go anywhere that you need it.

krogoth
23-09-2009, 09:36 PM
actually, most of them arent 4wd

they are either some useless poser pussy AWD system or RWD, junk raised up garbage

spastic
23-09-2009, 09:52 PM
I think it's more a case of "need to justify" rather than "need". Most families in Europe get by with a Peugeot 308 or similar, or maybe a Mondeo or a Renault Scenic for big families. It really isn't necessary to have a 2.5 Tonne behemoth just to transport a family. Nor does it need to be 4WD. There's another thread here somewhere where I describe our holidays in a Renault 12 (feeel the powaaa!!!) when I was a child in a family of 5.

Having said that, we are three and the Jazz suits us well. If we were 5 I might go up a size, but no need for a 4WD, since I don't go anywhere that you need it.

actually i'll go against u on this the average australian family when going on road trips take up a fk load of space thats why wagons / suv sell so well. once u got ur bikes on the bike rack camping gear for the kids shit on the roof racks.There is no chance u could do a road trip with 5 people in ur car with a jazz.

krogoth
23-09-2009, 10:17 PM
^that may be a point but most people who buy those stupid fkn cars dont go on road trips

they dump the kids at school in the first 20mins of the day, then sit in traffic for the next hour with one occupant

spastic
23-09-2009, 10:29 PM
quite the contrary krogoth u'd be suprised! yes they do use it to drop their kids off during school times but on weekends/school holidays these cars get absolutely punished on road trips etc.

4thGenExi
23-09-2009, 11:14 PM
^that may be a point but most people who buy those stupid fkn cars dont go on road trips

they dump the kids at school in the first 20mins of the day, then sit in traffic for the next hour with one occupant

Call bullsh!t on that one buddy

actually, most of them arent 4wd

they are either some useless poser pussy AWD system or RWD, junk raised up garbage

Wrong.

From this
http://filestore.redlineau.com/filestore/iano/CRVAFTER85RD.jpg

To this
http://filestore.redlineau.com/filestore/iano/dirtycrv1.jpg

http://filestore.redlineau.com/filestore/iano/dirtycrv2.jpg

http://filestore.redlineau.com/filestore/iano/dirtycrv3.jpg

We've done Cooloola National Park 3 times in it :)

krogoth
24-09-2009, 12:30 AM
one in a million

i know tons of people with them and will die before their SUV leaves the city

krogoth
24-09-2009, 12:32 AM
and ur pictures dont convince me im afraid, u seem to be taking the crv over dirt roads and carrying light loads

which some smaller sedans could do....

its an endless argument, i cant deny that they can be useful, but they are too much of a middle ground for my liking, a smaller more efficient sedan can do most of what an SUV can....

sassy_fit_vtit
24-09-2009, 07:26 AM
LOL at these comments.

Its just a car... there is no femininity or masculinity involved. The jazz is a good car in terms of practicality. While your friends are bitching and moaning about spending ridiculous amounts of money on petrol and insurance, you have the money to spend in other areas... i.e. like the ladies hahah..

Anyways, its better then driving an excel =p

spastic
24-09-2009, 08:57 AM
and ur pictures dont convince me im afraid, u seem to be taking the crv over dirt roads and carrying light loads

which some smaller sedans could do....

its an endless argument, i cant deny that they can be useful, but they are too much of a middle ground for my liking, a smaller more efficient sedan can do most of what an SUV can....

i smaller sedan krogoth can't carry enough gear for a family of 5. If u can fit a weekend trip away for a family of 5 into a jazz i will eat my hat. Im sure a jazz can do whatever a rwd/awd can do. But the problem is boot space roof racks bike racks for families.

spastic
24-09-2009, 08:58 AM
LOL at these comments.

Its just a car... there is no femininity or masculinity involved. The jazz is a good car in terms of practicality. While your friends are bitching and moaning about spending ridiculous amounts of money on petrol and insurance, you have the money to spend in other areas... i.e. like the ladies hahah..

Anyways, its better then driving an excel =p

whats wrong with the excel its the same as a jazz in the end, just a poor mans verison.

anzai
24-09-2009, 10:43 AM
what about renault clio. everytime i see it on the roads it looks so pansy/girly. my mate's gf drives one. i didnt have respect for it until i saw an episode of top gear with the clio v6 edition being tested. god thats a beautiful looking car.

same story with the jazz, ek, eg, or any car really. if a person who knows nothing about ek9 sees a dead stock ek1 with a girl on the wheel, straight away what comes to mind is "thats a chic car no way ill be driving that". but then with the proper kits, wheels and mods it would actually look nice and be 'manly?'.

jazz is a sweeeet car when you do it up with taste. like mars said, itll be one of a kind ride (in terms of looks of course).

spastic
24-09-2009, 10:47 AM
You are comparing a V6 to a 1.3ltr Jazz. Two totally different cars. You can say that about any car even the excel we're talking stock standard jazz. Everyone knows its marketing target is women.

SHOGUNOVDDRK
24-09-2009, 10:51 AM
I would go a Clio in a set, all teh douche bags drive them and their not half bad for twisties.

anzai
24-09-2009, 12:05 PM
no i wasnt comparing whats under the bonnet, just aesthetically, the factory done up clio v6 looks really nice compared the stock standard clio non-v6

if OPs term 'manliness' means looking into what engine the car has, then its the same deal with a 1.6l EK1 it would be a pussy car compared to commodores etc

the marketing target of the stock jazz would i guess be women alright, but if honda was to release a factory modded jazz with for instance a wide body kit, 18 inch rims, sorta like a racing spec then it would be a different story

spastic
24-09-2009, 12:07 PM
yes it would be a differences story too many if/and/buts, fact is they dont. The target is young gilrls/single women.

Stig
24-09-2009, 12:26 PM
imo if people think driving a jazz is a chicks car, then just get a civic, gets you from A to B with almost the same fuel consumptionish

but man... there are soo many freggen fd's around

if you think about it, i wouldnt mind owning a jazz, seems like fun, also tyres and wheels are so much cheaper :)

spastic
24-09-2009, 12:31 PM
imo if people think driving a jazz is a chicks car, then just get a civic, gets you from A to B with almost the same fuel consumptionish

but man... there are soo many freggen fd's around

if you think about it, i wouldnt mind owning a jazz, seems like fun, also tyres and wheels are so much cheaper :)

no one stopping you from owning a jazz ;)

Stig
24-09-2009, 05:26 PM
rather get an evo haha

me5t1za
24-09-2009, 05:41 PM
A jazz is great for a daily (especially in the city for parking) and cheap on fuel, insurance etc. U also want to consider what u use it for i.e do u go for long road trips and if you play sport, it may require you to lug around big items. If u don't care what ppl think and u like the jazz then get it coz at the end of the day it's up to u and ur the one that'll be driving it.

curtis265
24-09-2009, 05:44 PM
I honestly wouldn't mind a jazz. My masculinity isn't invested in what car i drive. Sounds more like peer pressure to me.

rossw
24-09-2009, 06:27 PM
Everyone knows its marketing target is women.

That's only in Australia. And that's because their "research" tells them everyone else buys Falcadores and SUVs whether they need them or not.

I prefer to leave the penis extension cars to those who need them, and drive what works for me.

spastic
24-09-2009, 06:29 PM
so anyone who drives anything bigger than a 1.3ltr has a penis extension car?

yeh real good.

curtis265
24-09-2009, 06:53 PM
That's only in Australia. And that's because their "research" tells them everyone else buys Falcadores and SUVs whether they need them or not.

I prefer to leave the penis extension cars to those who need them, and drive what works for me.

Wrong. If i'm 7' tall, and i need a commodore because its much more comfy, for my tall wife, and tall kids, does that mean i'm driving a car to amke my penis look bigger? doubt it.

l__i__l
24-09-2009, 09:57 PM
omgg don't get a jazz! everytime i see a jazz I get excited at the prospect of seeing some hot chicks. your going to ruin it all!

joyride
24-09-2009, 11:08 PM
closing thread - sensitive topic.