PDA

View Full Version : Input req'd on what colour to paint my rims.. Graphite euro,gunmetal rims??

hongster
20-09-2009, 06:46 PM
G'day all, yeah i know i could have hi-jacked the post your euro thread but i didnt want to spam it up even more..

so i will ask the question then hopefully get a mod to delete the thread once ive got a general answer...

At this stage the euro looks like this...
[IMG]http://i24.photobucket.com

now as the minister and secretary of finance (my son and wife) have taken over my life. i can no longer buy the other set of rims that i had my eye on... so ive got to go the down the cheap ass road of spraying my rims a different/matching colour,,,
(this is also because one of them had a bit of gutter rash on the face of the rim not the lip)

The rims have a stainless steel lip which means they are heavy but it really matches the chrome grille and window lining of the euro...so i have got two options in mind???

first i thought of spraying them gunmetal
then had the idea of painting them the same code as honda graphite...

the gunmetal ive got from a shop is just that little bit darker than the current honda paint and im wondering if this would look strange in summer / noticable and get laughed at ??? (by the bogans in adelaide)...

or my second colour choice is to get a few cans mixed up of honda graphite,,,, of course i will have sanded and primed the rims and will coat them with 20 coats of clear (just to be safe) and i know some people have had bad stories about spraying rims but ill give it a go..

input please.... would youg o exact honda paint code? even though so many cars have gone down the black on black look,,,, or do them in gunmetal which is a few shades darker than orig honda but standout a bit more in the sun????

euro1603
20-09-2009, 08:35 PM
i dont see anything wrong with your current colour.. ive seen too many dodgy painted rims... you have to get it frkn perfect..otherwise it will look very dodgy.. my advice.. buy it now.. cope the abuse later, they will get over it.. and sell your old rims.. good luck!

ndeuro_
20-09-2009, 10:39 PM
gun metal. or dark chrome. or even black

euromandeluxe
20-09-2009, 11:33 PM
i vote for leaving it. looks good.

if you ARE gonna get them painted, might as well get them properly powdercoated. some panel shops do it for as low as $50 a rim i hear?

but yeah. if you have no other exterior mods planned just leave it man. dont really like the look of gunmetal rims on a graphite car. each to their own

felixd
21-09-2009, 12:58 AM
i reckon u should just slammed it more dont paint ur wheels its oredy looks nice :) or get a lip kit off traders here JDM yard sells em

shurman
21-09-2009, 01:45 AM
gunmetal.

tron07
21-09-2009, 10:34 AM
titanium silver

euro_tr4sh
21-09-2009, 11:25 AM
takata green, or porsche gt3 orange

tony1234
21-09-2009, 04:01 PM
i vote for leaving it. looks good.

if you ARE gonna get them painted, might as well get them properly powdercoated. some panel shops do it for as low as $50 a rim i hear?

but yeah. if you have no other exterior mods planned just leave it man. dont really like the look of gunmetal rims on a graphite car. each to their own
+1.Leave them.

integral90
22-09-2009, 04:50 PM
For some reason I'm imagining them in a deep, dark purple...

Crapdaz
23-09-2009, 12:00 PM
For some reason I'm imagining them in a deep, dark purple...

brass bronze would set it off too...