PDA

View Full Version : Cu2 v6

albii
21-09-2009, 04:13 PM
Pretty sure we all know the TSX has been released with a V6 in the states.
Would any of you guys consider purchasing it? Do you think there is a market for it in Australia?

spastic
21-09-2009, 04:22 PM
I dont see why not. Just like other brands they have 4 cylinder and 6 cylinder counterparts. Those who prefer the 4 and the 6 but 9 times out of 10 the 6 is a far superior car.

euro1603
21-09-2009, 08:00 PM
i doubt they would bring it here.. they have a v6 accord already.. that structure works well for honda australia.. i would love to see the v6 cu2 but dont think it will happen. besides i think the price would be over the top by the time it arrives in australia..

OMG.JAI xD
21-09-2009, 09:01 PM
Wont happen.

We only get japanese derived vehicles.
USA has its own honda assembly lines. ( this includes acura ).

Most if not, all of those cars, are left hand drive. With different emmision tunes.

albii
21-09-2009, 09:25 PM
Wont happen.

Most if not, all of those cars, are left hand drive. With different emmision tunes.

I suppose just like the usdm mazda 6 V6.

spastic
21-09-2009, 10:02 PM
We get the subaru liberty 3.0 with its H6 so i dont see why these might not be a possibility in the future.

tony1234
22-09-2009, 07:27 AM
Wont happen.

But isn't the TSX made in Japan?

boleh
22-09-2009, 07:36 AM
if released here.. it will be priced $55k-60k rrp?

still no sh-awd?

no one will pay that money for a mid size honda. it seriously needs the Acura badge instead of :honda:

even then, did u know BMW E90 323 (140kw/230nm/RWD/Std leather) is going for $64k driveaway atm? :D

spastic
22-09-2009, 08:54 AM
but people pay that much for a subaru 3ltr? why wouldn't they pay that much for a honda, in the end if its a quality built car with a great engine people will buy it.

buddah51au
22-09-2009, 09:11 AM
I don't believe it would ever happen as Honda already has an Accord V6 which is a good car in it's own right. I do believe Honda would be shooting itself in the foot if it were to release 2 V6 accords to the market. As well, the Acura V6 is made in America for Americans, the Euro is made in Japan.

boleh
22-09-2009, 09:28 AM
but people pay that much for a subaru 3ltr? why wouldn't they pay that much for a honda, in the end if its a quality built car with a great engine people will buy it.

all wheel drive?

spastic
22-09-2009, 09:32 AM
So you dont believe there is a market for a Honda Euro V6 because its FWD? No one would be interested?

OMG.JAI xD
22-09-2009, 09:19 PM
But isn't the TSX made in Japan?

Even so, Acura is not targeted for the AUDM market.

blk05gli
22-09-2009, 09:55 PM
it was supposed to be a global brand before the financial crisis happened. The TSX is actually put together in the states, not Japan.

albii
22-09-2009, 10:20 PM
it was supposed to be a global brand before the financial crisis happened. The TSX is actually put together in the states, not Japan.

We don't want it if its made in the u.s. , cos u.s. cars are sheeeeeeeeeet.

rodericb
22-09-2009, 10:56 PM
A car which is just about the size and weight of a VZ commodore should probably have a V6 in it.

aaronng
22-09-2009, 11:06 PM

The CU2 TSX is still made in Japan at the Sayama plant, like the CL9.

RiceMeister
22-09-2009, 11:28 PM
A car which is just about the size and weight of a VZ commodore should probably have a V6 in it.

that's always been a concern of mine with the euros and accords.
suprises me that they make the boat size accord in a 4cyl. most cars of that size and weight carry a decent v6. at least 150kw +

suprised there isn't a market for a V6 accord euro, thought they'd sell big here.

albii
22-09-2009, 11:30 PM
that's always been a concern of mine with the euros and accords.
suprises me that they make the boat size accord in a 4cyl. most cars of that size and weight carry a decent v6. at least 150kw +

suprised there isn't a market for a V6 accord euro, thought they'd sell big here.

The euro does make 148kw..pretty close.In manual form it goes quite well, the auto though not so.

euromandeluxe
23-09-2009, 12:44 AM
The euro does make 148kw..pretty close.In manual form it goes quite well, the auto though not so.

still, it's missing 6 cylinder torque.

as a daily thats more important

blk05gli
23-09-2009, 10:11 AM
torque means no need for iVEEEEETEC'ing it all the time :-)

felixd
23-09-2009, 02:11 PM
hmm sumtimes that v6 is just not neccessary for the accords cuz the 2.4l is just enuf to support the car :) v6 does drinks alot of fuel even with the vcm .

24-09-2009, 06:15 PM
in current audm spec its such an excellent balanced car.

more power and torque is always wanted by everyone after driving a car for awhile, but that would change the balance of the car, weight, center of gravity, sus rebound rate, handling etc etc.

the US models made for the us who live by the no replacement for displacement rule. so they would get the JDM model put in a bigger engine and change a few settings

but the euro made for Japan tested and all dev with the 4 cyl hence why it is so good.

and it would cost heaps more in oz, we dont get a few other things to keep to the price point such the electric heated retractable mirrors already so to keep the target price so i doubt the 6 would ever be brought here, it would only evoke brand cannibalism

SPQR
24-09-2009, 08:27 PM
I don't believe it would ever happen as Honda already has an Accord V6 which is a good car in it's own right. I do believe Honda would be shooting itself in the foot if it were to release 2 V6 accords to the market. As well, the Acura V6 is made in America for Americans, the Euro is made in Japan.

Acura TSX and the Honda Accord Euro are both made in Japan as aaronng said.

Also, in Oztraya, the Accord comes with V6 and a K series 4 cylinder that makes 133kW. They sell side by side so maybe a V6 Euro could sell side by side with the 4 cylinder Euro.

People that buy the Accord are not the same demographic that buys the Euro.

SpeedBird
24-09-2009, 09:38 PM
Acura TSX and the Honda Accord Euro are both made in Japan as aaronng said.

Also, in Oztraya, the Accord comes with V6 and a K series 4 cylinder that makes 133kW. They sell side by side so maybe a V6 Euro could sell side by side with the 4 cylinder Euro.

People that buy the Accord are not the same demographic that buys the Euro.

I third that notion, All TSX models are made in japan, I was in Texas, USA in july, and you can pick up the TSX 3.5L V6 for around USD $36-38K drive away no more to pay. All new cars sold must have a A3 size specs sticker stuck onto the rear passengers window to show the country of manufacturer or origin, plus the list price with options fitted etc, with the gas mileage number. That way you can be sure where, and also you can check the VIN which appears in the lower edge of the windscreen on the left hand side it starts with JH4...... as the first 3 prefix to the 15 number VIN.

The MDX is made in Canada, RDX and TL together with the wide body Accords are made in USA, the location
i know from living in the states, its a huge plant at Marysville Ohio, just 20 miles or 32 kms outside Columbus.

Type R Positive
25-09-2009, 08:53 AM
Fwd V6's suck the fat one. Think magna, aurion, etc....

spastic
25-09-2009, 08:57 AM
think liberty 3.0 H6 look how much everyone raves on about that engine.

blk05gli
25-09-2009, 10:41 PM
H6 is mated with all wheel drive though.

Type R Positive
26-09-2009, 02:59 PM
think liberty 3.0 H6 look how much everyone raves on about that engine.

H6 is mated with all wheel drive though.
Bingo.

SPQR
26-09-2009, 08:44 PM
I hired an Aurion in Adelaide last week (not by choice). However, I loved the V6 grunt!

integral90
26-09-2009, 08:49 PM

Our RA8 Odyssey with the J30A (in my opinion one of the best engines ever) kicks major ass.

Rudy
26-09-2009, 10:43 PM

ahh why you say that?

Type R Positive
27-09-2009, 10:27 AM
ahh why you say that?
because they do. under under under under....... :p

Rudy
27-09-2009, 04:29 PM
because they do. under under under under....... :p

hmm, were comparing two fwd though..all things being equal, ill take the v6.

Type R Positive
27-09-2009, 06:32 PM
hmm, were comparing two fwd though..all things being equal, ill take the v6.
Yeah, it would be hard to go past one for sure. I would have got one if they were available, but FWD V6's suck.
Go take a Camry for a test drive, then take an Aurion for the same drive. I did. The Aurion is great in a straight line, but corners shocking compared to the Camry.

Anyways, we will never get it here anyway......

yfin
27-09-2009, 07:02 PM
Yeah, it would be hard to go past one for sure. I would have got one if they were available, but FWD V6's suck.
Go take a Camry for a test drive, then take an Aurion for the same drive. I did. The Aurion is great in a straight line, but corners shocking compared to the Camry.

Anyways, we will never get it here anyway......

I don't think all V6 FWDs suck. I am driving the 380GT at the moment and it is actually pretty good. Better than I expected in terms of handling. Stock for stock it handles quite similar to the euro. Not as good as when my euro was modified - but it doesn't suck either.

This is the Wheels handling olympics 2006. Pretty old article but shows that a V6 FWD can still be competitive:

Compared with like-minded metal, VRX was rated by McKay as a better drive than the SS Commodore (margin: one point). The VRX will beat a Clubsport R8 through the slalom (although forget trying to convince the boys at the bar of that, anywhere). And although the margin by which VRX beats Clubsport through the cones is quite slim, the price differential isn’t: the R8 is more than $30K dearer – definitely more than just chump change. VRX will also round up the RenaultSport Clio, the Euro and the Supercharged Range Rover Sport over a lap of Oran Park’s North Circuit.

I agree with you re the Aurion - for some reason it doesn't handle well at all. Took one for a spin through the hills of Tasmania and it was a huge dissapointment.

Type R Positive
27-09-2009, 07:53 PM
lol, my bro's got an old vrx, tj version I think. understeer city in that thing.

On a side note, I would like to see how Ford get on in the future in terms of falcon FWD platform sales. My bet is they will lose even more market share to Holden.

yfin
27-09-2009, 08:04 PM
lol, my bro's got an old vrx, tj version I think. understeer city in that thing.

On a side note, I would like to see how Ford get on in the future in terms of falcon FWD platform sales. My bet is they will lose even more market share to Holden.

That handling olympics involved the 380 VRX - not the magna.

Type R Positive
27-09-2009, 08:08 PM
yeah, I gathered that.