PDA

View Full Version : Performance/Fuel pressure/tank level

Psyklops
16-11-2004, 09:49 AM
Well, to cut it short, my car seems to have (only a little) less power & response when the fuel level drops to about 1/4 full...it runs fine, temperature appears to be the same, but the motor seems so much happier when the tank is full...on start up with a low tank level it seems to take longer to start than normal, maybe 4-5 revolutions more than if the tank is full (which insinuates there may be a fuel pressure leak somewhere)..any boffins out there know of this characteristic (if it is one)? Doesn't seem to be a problem, but no one wants their motor running too lean now do they...especially when tec'in through the twisties....
cheers for the replies

Psyklops
16-11-2004, 08:45 PM
*bump* anyone knowledgable got suggestions?

wynode
16-11-2004, 10:04 PM
Check your fuel cap.

Weq
16-11-2004, 11:32 PM
if ur worried about pressure, grab a fuel pressure gauge and monitor it for any difference. my best guess is that ur tank is ful of crap, and at low levels its sucking up alot of grime/contaminated fuel.

Javed
16-11-2004, 11:41 PM
my car goes like shit when it gets real low.

Psyklops
17-11-2004, 08:28 AM
Check your fuel cap.

I know it's fine Wyn, as when I get to the petrol station to fill up, it sucks/wooshes as you crack the seal.

Psyklops
17-11-2004, 08:30 AM
if ur worried about pressure, grab a fuel pressure gauge and monitor it for any difference. my best guess is that ur tank is ful of crap, and at low levels its sucking up alot of grime/contaminated fuel.

hmmm..how might one determine if the tank is full of crap? is there an easy method which can be done at home with minimal fuss? as for a pressure guage, can they be monitered in the car whilst driving