PDA

View Full Version : reccomended hid's for dc5!

r3ckless
22-09-2009, 03:13 PM
HEy guys, in the market for new hids to be fitted to my dc5

Looking to get low beam / parker / foggies

Looking for 6000K all around.

PS, i wont be retro fitting or anything if that helps,. And i would pay thepremium for top shit!

Cheers

[Type_R]
22-09-2009, 04:07 PM
I have 8000k H1 HID kit for low beam, but will prob get 6000K next for that nice pure white beam.

aero
22-09-2009, 05:24 PM
HEy guys, in the market for new hids to be fitted to my dc5

Looking to get low beam / parker / foggies

Looking for 6000K all around.

PS, i wont be retro fitting or anything if that helps,. And i would pay thepremium for top shit!

Cheers

lol, not retrofitting doesnt help. having a retrofit or projector headlights are very useful to make sure u wont be blinding oncoming traffic or drivers in front of you.

imo there isnt much variety in quality of HIDs. even if there was, i dont think u wanna spend an amount of money for 'premium' kits, only to endanger other drivers on the road. if u have money to spend, get ur self a retrofit or some projector headlights first and then get ur HIDs

joek
22-09-2009, 10:20 PM
To be honest with you mate. I personally deal HIDs (cheaper ones), the DC5 has massive lens which will reflect the bright "hid light" to every angles. It doesn't really matter what type of HID, it still will blind the other cars. The best bet for u maybe those Kaixen one that sold by one of traders here which has custom reflectors or sth. This is however just some personal opinion. cheers
Joe

[Type_R]
25-09-2009, 09:09 AM
To be honest with you mate. I personally deal HIDs (cheaper ones), the DC5 has massive lens which will reflect the bright "hid light" to every angles. It doesn't really matter what type of HID, it still will blind the other cars. The best bet for u maybe those Kaixen one that sold by one of traders here which has custom reflectors or sth. This is however just some personal opinion. cheers
Joe

There is a way to adjust the beam so it doesnt blind on-coming traffic..

r3ckless
25-09-2009, 12:10 PM
How do u adjsut it bro? I''ll be putting them in 2moro

joek
26-09-2009, 09:15 AM
Do u mean the way u fit the globe into the socket?

WATAJK
26-09-2009, 10:13 AM
Take advice from me on this, a mate has em on his DC5R, had 4000k and got defected...
Don't waste your money, just get crystal vision globes..
The lense of the DC5 just bring out the most utter brightness of the lights so i wouldn't bother..

joek
26-09-2009, 07:09 PM
to be honest mate. Even i sell hid... i dont recommend u to put those without reflector one on the dc5 due to the reason mentioned by watajk.... but that is just my 2c

WATAJK
26-09-2009, 09:42 PM
Don't get me wrong mate, HID's on a DC5 look ****ing mint, just remember regardless how low they face every1 is in danger..
Save urself the hassle.
IF you want crystal vision globes u need buy 2 sets, will set u bak about 200 bucks, go to a auto sparky and u shouldnt even need to take the front bar off.
Takes approx n hr at most.
Enjoy

DC5-4ME
30-09-2009, 09:15 PM
Well Alex. I've got my HIDs from Musecret in 6000k.
At first everyone was high beaming and I'm thinking that's it's too bright so I adjusted them so they would mostly hit the ground and now it's fine :)

khuongtran69
01-10-2009, 01:41 PM
I got 4300k on my low beam. I have adjusted them to be low but when looking at the front, there is still a bit of glare, no matter how much I adjust the beam.

By the way, their really good for high beams as well, especially if you do alot of country driving

r3ckless
01-10-2009, 02:27 PM
Well Alex. I've got my HIDs from Musecret in 6000k.
At first everyone was high beaming and I'm thinking that's it's too bright so I adjusted them so they would mostly hit the ground and now it's fine :)

Yeah i got the same ! how u finding it. Im pretty happy with mine, installing foggies this weekend. did u get matching parkers also? Cos i got 2 sets of led's for sale

khuongtran69
01-10-2009, 02:54 PM
Yeah i got the same ! how u finding it. Im pretty happy with mine, installing foggies this weekend. did u get matching parkers also? Cos i got 2 sets of led's for sale

Is it true you cant have your foggies on unless there is actually fog or bad weather? I got pulled over for having them on and the copper told me it was now illegal to have them on unless you really need them. Pity coz I changed the foggies to HID recently.

r3ckless
01-10-2009, 03:09 PM
yeah been illgegal for a decent amount of years now... i still ahve mine on... if i seecops from afar, i'll switch them off, but if they already seen me... im not gonna switch them off; make it more suss... even with my hid's.... a copper was in fornt of me, n staring at me the entire time.... didnt do anything.. car looks like it came stock with oem hid's so like he woudnt bother.

vippy84
01-10-2009, 03:11 PM
Is it true you cant have your foggies on unless there is actually fog or bad weather? I got pulled over for having them on and the copper told me it was now illegal to have them on unless you really need them. Pity coz I changed the foggies to HID recently.

I heard about this really..
it is so strange.. I think the foglights make the car look better :)

get the JDM headlights. They are HID compatible!

r3ckless
01-10-2009, 03:14 PM

I want the jdm dc5 mirrors...folds in when u lock the car :D

khuongtran69
01-10-2009, 04:02 PM

Yeah thats what I thought too. How much are the JDM lights and where can you get them?

vippy84
01-10-2009, 07:13 PM
Yeah thats what I thought too. How much are the JDM lights and where can you get them?

import monster has some from yahoo japan..
or you can source some from USA...
u are looking around 500-600 a pair??? if u are lucky, less

r3ckless
01-10-2009, 08:41 PM
yeah, their quite expensive so yeah... plus the wiring looks complicated..

curtis265
02-10-2009, 11:38 AM
Hid light scatter is the worst thing for oncoming drivers - i hate the fools who don't do them properly. Saw a 3rd gen prelude with them once and i had to block it with my hand in order to negotiate the corner i was driving around.

I'd say to go for projectors

btw guys, what's crystal vision? is it those super-white globes or something?

WATAJK
02-10-2009, 12:07 PM
Hid light scatter is the worst thing for oncoming drivers - i hate the fools who don't do them properly. Saw a 3rd gen prelude with them once and i had to block it with my hand in order to negotiate the corner i was driving around.

btw guys, what's crystal vision?q

Crystal Vision is a VERY bright white light, but nothing like the HID's. It won't blind oncomin traffic, it's just good to see with at night aswell, much better then the stock globes that honda gives you.
Phillips are the best brand for them, my sparky fitted mine in my dc5r, parkers, headlights, highbeams & number plates for $190.
This was without taking the front bar off.
The globes aren't the cheapest though as you need 2 sets for the DC5R/S, as your Headlights & Highbeams are seperate globes

khuongtran69
02-10-2009, 12:12 PM

btw guys, what's crystal vision?q

CRYSTAL VISION is a type of globe from Phillips. The colour output is 5000K so it pretty good considering its just a normal bulb and not HID. Their a bit on the expensive side though if you know what I mean. But they are a really good globe. Links here if you want to check it out:

http://www.lighting.philips.com/us_en/automotive/consumer_products/crystalvision_5000k.php?main=us_en_automotive&parent=79912999330&id=&lang=en

WATAJK
02-10-2009, 12:14 PM
CRYSTAL VISION is a type of globe from Phillips. The colour output is 5000K so it pretty good considering its just a normal bulb and not HID. Their a bit on the expensive side though if you know what I mean. But they are a really good globe. Links here if you want to check it out:

http://www.lighting.philips.com/us_en/automotive/consumer_products/crystalvision_5000k.php?main=us_en_automotive&parent=79912999330&id=&lang=en

Better then HID's if you ask me man, there gawjuz lights on the DC5

khuongtran69
02-10-2009, 12:16 PM
Better then HID's if you ask me man, there gawjuz lights on the DC5

Yeah your right about that. I've got HIDS on mine at the moment, but was thinking about changing it back to these bulbs. Saves the hassle from the cops and also less glare for other drivers.

khuongtran69
02-10-2009, 12:17 PM
Or you can source some from usa...
U are looking around 500-600 a pair??? If u are lucky, less

thanks for that. Geez their pricey!!!

WATAJK
02-10-2009, 12:18 PM
Yeah your right about that. I've got HIDS on mine at the moment, but was thinking about changing it back to these bulbs. Saves the hassle from the cops and also less glare for other drivers.

Yeah big time, go back ;)
I've had only 2 issues with cops thinking they were HID's, took it further and got letters of apologies.
You will never get dicked with these globes thats the good thing :)

khuongtran69
02-10-2009, 02:04 PM
or you can source some from USA...
u are looking around 500-600 a pair??? if u are lucky, less

Thanks for showing me that Import Monster site. Damn their got some good stuff on their. Is it safe to buy from there though? I was actually interested in getting some fish from there.

vippy84
02-10-2009, 02:21 PM
Thanks for showing me that Import Monster site. Damn their got some good stuff on their. Is it safe to buy from there though? I was actually interested in getting some fish from there.

I never personally get any fish from import monster itself..
but I have heard that they are really good..
also, contact J-imports and speak with Thuy.. just tell him I bring u there.. he is very reliable and very friendly guy too..

iLlusion10
02-10-2009, 02:59 PM
Yeah big time, go back ;)
I've had only 2 issues with cops thinking they were HID's, took it further and got letters of apologies.
You will never get dicked with these globes thats the good thing :)

I'm surprised you got pulled over so much with a stock dc5r? Or have you got an aftermarket exhaust or something else that "attracts police"

curtis265
02-10-2009, 03:01 PM
5000k is a bit yellower than the pure white 6000k ones?
ebay has them kinda cheap

Oh, and has anyone seen these?
http://www.lighting.philips.com/us_en/automotive/consumer_products/nightguide.php?main=us_en_automotive&parent=79912999330&id=&lang=en

r3ckless
02-10-2009, 10:08 PM
Finally got my new lgihts installed all around

Got mu Secret 6000K hid's, white led parkers, and 4750K bubls for my fog lights. Loving it!

r3ckless
02-10-2009, 10:09 PM
ahhh fuk the pictures didnt appear, i'll upload when im uncappedl ol

WATAJK
02-10-2009, 10:24 PM
I'm surprised you got pulled over so much with a stock dc5r? Or have you got an aftermarket exhaust or something else that "attracts police"

Got a custom made exhaust thats perfectly legal 89DB but on VTEC who knows lol..
Umm when they question me generally its about the lights, not my car rofl

LiquiDSound
28-01-2010, 12:02 AM
You'll need to readjust the housing wire that holds the bulb, or you can get an x-clip.
I'm selling those for $20
For the dc5, odyssey and prelude gen5

WATAJK
28-01-2010, 06:00 PM
You could always result to buying JDM DC5R or DC5S Headlights as there patterns through the headlights won't make the HIDS blind other drivers.. This is what im planning to do.

r3ckless
28-01-2010, 06:03 PM
dc5s (audm) headlights are better than the dc5r ones.. but still blinding, as there is no projector in them.. Im gonna lower mine this weekend!

najdi
28-01-2010, 06:29 PM
i bought a cheap set off ebay and first i thought it was dodgy and going to **** up but knock on wood theyve been fine...ive got 8000k and ive had 6000k before i would personally recomened 6000k cause there brighter and anything over 6000 is just for colour...yeah i do get a few people highbeeming me here and there but i find normal lights on newer cars standard bulbs i mean are brighter to look at then mine...mines angled down but problem with dc5r they dont fit that snugly so just cable tied it or u can get xclips...follow the DIY great stuff gl with it

THEEYA
08-09-2010, 11:24 PM
You could always result to buying JDM DC5R or DC5S Headlights as there patterns through the headlights won't make the HIDS blind other drivers.. This is what im planning to do.

would the jdm dc5r headlights fit straight onto audm dc5rs? or would you have to go through and get all the parts that you would if you were converting to dc5s headlights.

jj17
09-09-2010, 02:20 AM
pre facelift will just bolt onto the pre facelift model.. and vice versa for the post face lift..

JDM-05R
09-09-2010, 02:37 PM
Ive got JDM headlights
they bolt straight on but you just need mod the wiring harness that plugged into the car
here is my thread on clubitr
thanks to the boys there they helped me out

http://www.clubitr.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=8149

Wontbehere
10-09-2010, 12:27 AM
In Melbourne you have to have projector head lights otherwise it is illegal, all the hids I bought were from ebay or carwear around the $150 range

curtis265
11-09-2010, 08:13 PM
All over australia you have to ahve projectors... and autolevelling headlights, and headlight washers...

and they need to come OEM otherwise it's illegal.