PDA

View Full Version : d15z2 and d15b7 same motor?

chowdaa
22-09-2009, 09:04 PM
besides the main fact of being efi and carb. Is there a difference internally? i currently own a breeze which someone has stuffed the crank, by losing the pin, grinding the pulley and crank to accommodate a "custom" key. now the pulley is off centre, wobbles so much over time its fallen off, fallen off for the 4rth time (after using loctite and cranking it up with an uber big breaker bar). Its getting worst, i have a d15b7 in a wrecked civic in my yard. I am a mechanic by trade and know not to lose a key and grand a new one:)

what is your opinion? just did a head gasket on the d15z2 so hate to pull it off again :).
1. swap whole motor?
2. swap pulley, crank + shells?
3. buy a d15z2 crank and pulley?
4. sell it?

thanks,
michael

richy b
23-09-2009, 12:02 AM
in all honestly, and prob the easiest ,would be to replace the motor, a good second handy should do the job. if the crank is damaged, then repairing it and time wth removing it, it would be quicker with a same motor swap. if the motor is in good nick, and you cant be bothered with the hassle of changing eng. numbers then replace crank, pulley and key. going from carby to efi may cost a bit with parts to swap over, and its time consuming

chowdaa
23-09-2009, 04:30 PM
in all honestly, and prob the easiest ,would be to replace the motor, a good second handy should do the job. if the crank is damaged, then repairing it and time wth removing it, it would be quicker with a same motor swap. if the motor is in good nick, and you cant be bothered with the hassle of changing eng. numbers then replace crank, pulley and key. going from carby to efi may cost a bit with parts to swap over, and its time consuming

well actually what i was enquiring was if the d15b7 block and head would bolt up and run easily with the carb gear on it.