PDA

View Full Version : Honda Jazz 08

mark7
23-09-2009, 02:03 PM
Hi Guys

Few weeks ago i bought a new Honda Jazz 08 Gli-Sp Auto.I am happy with my purchase :D. drives pretty good and looks good too. Is there anything you guys want me to warn about to maintain my car in good condition.

I feel like the automatic transmission is not very smooth, I don’t know if this is right or just any automatic car is like this.

Is anyone using E10 with this car? Is it worth using?

The other thing I wanted to ask u guys was how do I get the outside temp reading on my multi information display? I did go thru the manual it does not say anything other than correcting the temperature reading errors in it.

Thanks
Mark

kongfu
23-09-2009, 02:07 PM
SP GLI should have a i bottom on your steering wheel thats where you could monitor the outside temp.

dyljoy
23-09-2009, 02:27 PM
as i know, AUS ver Jazz don't have outside temp display, it only apply to other countries.

mark7
23-09-2009, 02:57 PM
as i know, AUS ver Jazz don't have outside temp display, it only apply to other countries.

I think you are right i tried everything i can but no go.In manual everything matches up with the multi display description except the temp reading.It would have been handy but no great deal i guess.

what do u think about the automatic transmission?

dyljoy
23-09-2009, 03:13 PM
I think it may normal about the transmission. I don't have such feeling from picked it up. It should be become better after run-in period. If u still worry it, ask Honda when u back to dealer when first 1000km done.

rossw
23-09-2009, 04:27 PM

QFT and rather disappointing. Mentioned in the manual but not actually there

zwgbenny
23-09-2009, 04:54 PM
I have sent an email to Honda Australia and they confirmed that the outside temperature display is not in the Australia spec Jazz... :(

mark7
23-09-2009, 08:36 PM
Thanks guys this stops my struggle to find something which is not there.

I don't know what i should and should not be doing in run-in period can u guys please tell me.

Also i got a quote for Honda extended warranty it costs me $595 2 extra years(ie 5 years in total) this includes the racv total care emergency road side assistance for 5 years (worth 920$ ie 184$ per year) this sounds too good to be true.is that right? am i being miss led by the salesman? I was considering buying RACV Basic road side assistance which is 84$ per year ( will be 420 per year).But if i pay 175 $ more i will get top emergency road side assistance +2 year extended warranty.

I am bit confused what i should do.

Mark

thydipptimon
23-09-2009, 10:39 PM
Hi Everyone..

I have just purchased the center panel out of a wrecked Honda Jazz. I currently have a radio cassette unit built in, and want to replace it with the radio cd I have just purchased. The radio cd unit is from a jazz of the same year as mine.

Would anybody out there know if it will be a straight swap, or whether I might need adaptor cables?

The set up of the built in unit looks identical apart from the slot for a cd in place of a casette slot.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.