PDA

View Full Version : Need major HONDA Help

xclusive_eg8
23-09-2009, 05:02 PM
ok guys so I was just playing around with my honda civic and for some stupid reason decided to pull out sparklead 1 and 4 out while the engine was running and left them on rocker cover with a little gap between the ends, and about 2secs later it stalled gently.

NOW it wont start at all.....

I have since removed spark plugs and let it air out, checked to see if fuel pump is working and it is, checked all fuses.

It looks like Im not getting a spark, anyone know why this could be??

The car is a 1995 EG GLi Civic sedan, with a D15B7 stock

ECU-MAN
25-09-2009, 08:41 AM
lol

you blew your coil and posibly the ICM

as you have just realised, that wasnt a good idea

Redlinemotorsport
26-09-2009, 06:58 PM
oh. very bad move.

xclusive_eg8
27-09-2009, 05:11 PM
yeah it was a pretty stupid thing to do, o well learnt my lesson, now gota get it running again asap

OMG.JAI xD
27-09-2009, 06:57 PM
Gotta always take car with electricals.
Remember anything that is connected to the chassis and is conductive is a source of ground.

xclusive_eg8
27-09-2009, 09:01 PM
yeah sorta thought it would blow a fuse,not the coil...didnt know they were sensitive as such

MWAKU
28-09-2009, 12:05 AM
done this before, inspecting a car, doors auto lock, keys inside, engine running, dude decides to pull two leads out

car turned off, woohoo

but it sent a spark to the distributer and it blew, car wouldn't start, so next day pushed it all the way to the mechanic.

xclusive_eg8
28-09-2009, 05:59 PM
ok so it was the dizzy mwaku??

MWAKU
28-09-2009, 06:10 PM
yea lucky it was just teh dizzy

another case would be that it would send a spark to ur ECU aswell, which means u'll need another ECU

Limbo
29-09-2009, 08:41 AM
CHeck your fuses first

if there is no spark, most likely you've burnt out your ICM or coil like ECUMAN said.
I'd try those first. Then go down the list.....

Leads, sparkplugs, ECU

teh_mechanic
29-09-2009, 06:24 PM
as ECUMAN said. you need a new coil. because the leads were floating around and couldnt find an earth (like the spark plugs usually) theres nowhere for the coils electrical charge to go, coil doesn't like this. you can get away with it on alot of other cars,especially older ignitions, honda's seem to be pretty delicate though.

replace your coil and the car should start, if not (or if it runs funny) then the coil has burnt the Ignition Control Module (ICM) as it was dying, so that would need to be replaced too

xclusive_eg8
29-09-2009, 08:16 PM
ok so if the leads touched metal thats earthed then its all good, but if no contact with earth at all then it will blow...Ok makes sense, still hav not started car or anything, might have 2nd hand working dizzy by Friday hopefully...

I so cant wait to take the civic out for a run, no car has the feelings of my civdog lol