PDA

View Full Version : speaker size

ejr
23-09-2009, 09:23 PM
does anyone know the actual front and rear speaker size for 2005 honda civic gli sedan 7th gen? thanks

clem
25-09-2009, 05:10 PM
The speakers on 7th gen Civics are 6 inch. They are fitted on custom plastic pieces that clip onto the doors. If you are going to install new speakers you will have to unclip these pieces. I recommend that you buy some MDF spacers and you might even have to drill new holes into the door. I had to do this mod to fit my 6.5inch pioneers. Hope this helps.

ejr
25-09-2009, 11:03 PM
The speakers on 7th gen Civics are 6 inch. They are fitted on custom plastic pieces that clip onto the doors. If you are going to install new speakers you will have to unclip these pieces. I recommend that you buy some MDF spacers and you might even have to drill new holes into the door. I had to do this mod to fit my 6.5inch pioneers. Hope this helps.

oh ok but im just replacing them with same size speakers so if i get a 6 inch do i have to do anything else like what u said about spacers and extra screws? and also with opening the door panels i only have to unscrew the middle part behind the square lid, pull the sides off the clips and lift the panel right? appreciate ur response

clem
27-09-2009, 08:28 AM
oh ok but im just replacing them with same size speakers so if i get a 6 inch do i have to do anything else like what u said about spacers and extra screws? and also with opening the door panels i only have to unscrew the middle part behind the square lid, pull the sides off the clips and lift the panel right? appreciate ur response

Sorry mate, if ur car is anything like mine, u will need to remove the whole speaker and plastic holding it and drill holes to fit ur aftermarkets because Honda didn't provide holes on the door. unless u modify the plastic holder (cut out old speaker and fit new speaker into the plastic holder) then u can clip it back on somehow.

the doors are a relatively painless process just make sure u try to get a proper panel remover that's made of plastic otherwise u may end up scratching ur car if u use a screwdriver or knife. good luck with it all mate

SHU-ES1
28-09-2009, 08:30 AM
oh clem, our speakers are held in my clips and not screws? i'm getting a slight vibration in my front passenger side door at times. do you think it is the clip not fastened correctly? i'm too afraid to take the door panel off in case i lose something, or am unable to put it back on properly. have you done this before? how's the vtec light going anyways? also, did you end up getting a s2k start button installed? i can take some photos of the wiring in mine if you want to give it a shot!

ejr
28-09-2009, 06:40 PM
excellent! did it all myself first time! thanks for ur help..just gotta do back speakers now..looks harder coz i have to take off the whole back panel. anyways im happy with the front ones..thanks again!..by the way any suggestions on good amps and subs? im not trying to pump up a whole stadium lol just my lil civic

cyc10n
28-09-2009, 06:56 PM
i just put alpine type E splits in front and type S in back running off sony 600 watt amp but amp keeps over heatin when music is up loud so im takin amp back to buy a better one lol

clem
29-09-2009, 01:04 AM
Hey Tony, vtec lights goin well haha, gay how it comes up so frequently on our cars tho :\ and nar havnt had the time to look for an engine start button but yeah would appreciate if u could take the pics of the wiring :thumbsup:.

Umm the doors are relatively easy to take off, plus if u look hard enough on the US 7thgen civic forums there are DIY's to teach u to disassemble/reassemble your doors. One trick is, if u have a video camera, just record yourself taking it apart then replay it to backtrack :)

ejr
29-09-2009, 11:18 AM
i just need to figure out how to disassemble back panel for rear speakers.

UCNDRM
30-09-2009, 10:29 PM
6 inches fit nicely and mounting depth usually isnt a prob, 6.5's fit aswell just a lil more snug and often need spacers as ur window will hit the magnet on the way down

the rear isnt a issue u can put 6 or 6.5 inches as under the parcel shelf nothing is in the way for the magnet 2 hit

good cheap speakers, kicker or pioneer

if u got a lil more cash go the Alpine of JL u will appreciate the sound quality difference

ejr
01-10-2009, 09:06 AM
alright ill look into it.. by the way the speakers are not in the doors..its behind the backseat (rear dash) so i have to pull that whole panel out..bit annoying but ill work it out. might get some alpines or clarions.