PDA

View Full Version : How much Luckystar kit worth???

ary
16-11-2004, 03:23 PM
just bought few weeks...... is it the price of kit gonna drop dramatically or not???

Type R Positive
16-11-2004, 03:35 PM
Luckystar copies cost about $1150.
Mugen copies with rear wing cost about $1550.
Add about $1000 for paint, mesh and fitting.

http://www.worksauto.com.au/catalog/index.php?cPath=36_141&osCsid=594002da450f3f34557697a69d72eb75

Pum[Z]
16-11-2004, 09:09 PM
Lucky Star bodykit should cost $1150 unpainted and unfitted...

Mugen Bodykit without wing is $1200
Mugen Bodykit with wing is $1400
Unpainted and Unfitted....

Remember these are copies and not original/authentic bodykits....

As what Type R Positive says it should cost around $1000 to paint, fit and mesh....

I'll give u the exact price it costs to paint, fit, and mesh a full mugen kit once my car is done getting its kit on....

jolt
16-11-2004, 10:35 PM
What is the quality like on these copied kits? Do they crack easily? Do they look as good as the originals once painted?

Pum[Z]: are you getting your Mugen kit through DNA? Are you going to remove the chrome strip on top of the grill? Does their kit include the Mugen grille and badge? I look forward to seeing some photo's once it's finished.

thanks
Rod

thanks
Rod

Type R Positive
16-11-2004, 11:47 PM
What is the quality like on these copied kits? Do they crack easily? Do they look as good as the originals once painted?

Pum[Z]: are you getting your Mugen kit through DNA? Are you going to remove the chrome strip on top of the grill? Does their kit include the Mugen grille and badge? I look forward to seeing some photo's once it's finished.

thanks
Rod

thanks
Rod Mugen kit through carquest, Perth.
Copies look just as good as the paint you put on them, and time spent for fitting.
You have to wait for Pum[Z]y for the quality......

PERTH_EURO
17-11-2004, 12:02 AM
matt or Pum[z] can u inform me what the originals and the copies ar made from

Plastic like oem or fibreglass?

That kit in the works link was on the black euro at PAS. Lost factory headlight washer which is techniclly illegal.
Style wise the front was kik ass, rear bar was not so good. The fit and finish was pretty dam good too!!
I will consider the front bar in time.
Get rid of spoiler, new front bar, and lower!!

ary
17-11-2004, 07:26 AM
hah??? $1150 for Luckystar bodykit?
where get it from?
im paying to much with my kit fren.....
do u know how muck kenstyle or phase racing kit worth? and where is the place?

Type R Positive
17-11-2004, 08:32 AM
hah??? $1150 for Luckystar bodykit?
where get it from?
im paying to much with my kit fren.....
do u know how muck kenstyle or phase racing kit worth? and where is the place?I haven't found any kenstyle or phase copy kits yet in Aus, or real ones too.

I am pretty sure copies are fibreglass (that's what I was quoted), if you are worried about splitting / cracking, it is not hard at all to add an extra layer or two of fibreglass to the inside your self. Just extra resin might do.

jolt
17-11-2004, 08:33 AM
Yeah, the Phase bodykit rocks ... are there copies available in Australia yet at a reasonable price?

http://www.aj-racing.com/pages.php?page_id=project_ajrcl7
http://www.phaseracing.com/cl7/cl7-0302.html

The Luckystar kit is over the top.

Pum[Z]
18-11-2004, 01:11 AM
Timbo...

The mugen replica i got from car quest is fibre glass... The only problem is the side skirt is quite thin... But then when u put it on the car u can't see how thin it is anywayz...

Actually the Luckystar bodykit that was on the Euro in PAS was from Carquest. I know cause i asked the owner of Carquest.... Carquest don't sell the Luckystar bodykit anymore only the mugen ones. Carquest in Perth can send to the Eastern States but i don't know what the postage will cost. Raymond has sold a few to the eastern states...

But wierd thing is i am the first to get the mugen bodykit for the euro in perth. The Chrome strip on the bonnet is gonna be painted the same as the body colour. M&H has warned me the paint might peel off because its chrome... We will see....

No it doesn't come with any badges... I have to source those badges somewhere else... Because Carquest don't sell them... I probably have to find them thru the internet. Its gonna be damn hard to find the mugen badges... The Front Mugen bumper is one with the grille.

Hope it will turn out well... I'll take pictures once its all done... Gonna loose my fog lights because of the mugen bodykit. Lucky i saw a picture of a mugen bodykit with HID washers on this site so they are gonna be transfered to the mugen bodykit... If its all done properly u won't be able to tell what is replica and what is real... The only difference is the weight and the badges heheheh

So far i have only seen these replica kits sold for the euro in Australia:
*Lucky star
*Mugen
*Euro M bodykit (Euro R bodykit)

Type R Positive
18-11-2004, 09:41 AM
badges from www.carmate.com.au

Pum[Z]
18-11-2004, 02:42 PM
Already seen the badges from carmate..

They don't match the badge for the Mugen Bodykit on the Accord Euro....

Type R Positive
19-11-2004, 12:41 AM
might have to get real ones......

Glover
24-01-2005, 01:08 PM
Have you guys got any links or pics of these body kits you are talking about? I haven't been very successfull in my hunting.

Glover

PERTH_EURO
24-01-2005, 03:31 PM
there is a couple of pics of Michaels mugen kitted euro in this thread

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13838

http://www.worksauto.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=36_141&products_id=47&osCsid=46651ab303605b63f361addef6873775

Pum[Z]
24-01-2005, 04:38 PM
Finally got hold of the mugen badges for the Euro Mugen bodykits... Got it from US ebay.. Original Mugen badges.. A bit pricey but at least its the original mugen badges for the mugen bodykit...

stephen8512
24-01-2005, 11:25 PM
original mugen badges?! nice pum[z] pics plz! ^^

Pum[Z]
31-01-2005, 06:12 PM
original mugen badges?! nice pum[z] pics plz! ^^

Here's the Pic of the front mugen badge... Its made out of metal... Used it on the front... Didn't like the authentic Mugen Badge for the rear so decided not to get it and instead used another mugen badge design for the rear.. Can u guys comment on if it is nice or not?? or is the back badge too rice??

http://www.ozhonda.com/gallery/data/500/2249DSCF0018.JPG

http://www.ozhonda.com/gallery/data/500/2249DSCF0020.JPG

http://www.ozhonda.com/gallery/data/500/2249DSCF0024.JPG

http://www.ozhonda.com/gallery/data/500/2249DSCF0025.JPG

PERTH_EURO
31-01-2005, 10:44 PM
personally Michael I would have removed the accord & euro badge and put the mugen one there.
Not a big fan of it being on the spoiler.

Front looks the goods tho :thumbsup:

Type R Positive
31-01-2005, 10:45 PM
It looks absolutely sweet pum[z]

I am positive we are all green with envy!

Pum[Z]
01-02-2005, 01:06 AM
personally Michael I would have removed the accord & euro badge and put the mugen one there.
Not a big fan of it being on the spoiler.

Front looks the goods tho :thumbsup:

Well originally there is supposed to be a mugen badge on the spoiler. Its like the front mugen badge but smaller in size. Don't think i want to take off the Accord & Euro badge for the time being.. So I'm gonna take off the mugen badge at the back... Ur right Timbo it looks like there's too much emblems at the back already...

euro77
01-02-2005, 08:40 PM
I think you should replace the chrome strip on the bonnet with a black one. It'll look damn hot IMO :D

Pum[Z]
01-02-2005, 09:19 PM
I think you should replace the chrome strip on the bonnet with a black one. It'll look damn hot IMO :D

Got to say the chrome strip on the bonnet will stay.. I'm using chrome alloys and having that chrome strip on the bonnet makes the car look more stunning and breaks up the contrast of the black paint....

Removed the mugen badge at the back of the rear spoiler.. Quite easy to get off with just a hairdryer...

jolt
02-02-2005, 07:35 AM
I agree, you should keep the chrome strip. It also coincides with the chrome door handles and the chrome window surrounds.

I must admit that seeing your car has made me think VERY seriously about doing VERY similar things to my wife's Euro, wheels and bodykit especially.

regards
Rod

Type R Positive
02-02-2005, 09:32 AM
I've seen pum[z]'s car in the flesh, the chrome strip is sweet where it is. No way does it or should it be changed!

Pum[Z]
02-02-2005, 02:02 PM
Thanxxx Rod and Matt...

Chrome and black go well together... The contrast on those 2 colours is like husband and wife... :D

stephen8512
02-02-2005, 06:16 PM
i love ur car pumz. wanna swap with my graphite :D hehehe
btw i sent an email to carquest in perth. theyve yet to get back to me for the cost of shipping it here to NSW....
i hope to be the first graphite euro owner with a mugen kit ^^
even if im not the first, i just want the damn thing. hahaha

tyao
12-09-2005, 11:50 AM
Does anyone know where I can get this kit in NSW? Is there any chance of installing this kit without losing the fog lights?

TwEigh
13-09-2005, 10:36 PM
lol no chance of installing it with foglight and hid washer.

www.worksauto.com.au in perth got them