PDA

View Full Version : AirRunner Adjustable Shocks?!?!

AusAccord
24-09-2009, 04:23 PM
browsing their official website and found they are using KYB adjustable shocks, can any users (QD, Ajto, JunYu, Kitbkk) confirm? hows the ride quality on Sydney roads? Tks in advance.

Atjo
24-09-2009, 04:34 PM
They use KYB shocks with adjustable damper. The quality ride is fine when i was driving in Sydney. It's all depends on what damper setting you're using. They are 4 settings and I'm using the stiffest setting as i want to avoid scrapping on my wheels.

kitbkk
24-09-2009, 04:40 PM
Hellooo~ Sorry I forgot your name. Yep. They are KYB shocks. For CL9, the bags are sleeves type. Both front and rear. They have 4 damper settings. I set mine to number 3 and Dan used to set his to number 4. I found mine was very much stock like quality. Going through bumps and uneven road I could not feel much. The shocks absorb the bumps really good. I had not set mine up to maximum number 4 damper setting. I heard from Dan (Atjo) saying number 4 was quite good. He had more confident in the corners hehe. Are you getting AR for your odc? ride quality on Sydney road was good. I couldn't imagine driving a car with really stiff coil overs on the roads in Sydney LOL.

felixd
24-09-2009, 04:46 PM
i saw on the air runners websites they got different types of system now :) more technology. there's like a coilover type of shocks but with bags :)

aaronng
24-09-2009, 05:00 PM
Air runners are soft. They are softer than Tein SS. So they will be fine on Sydney streets. I would still avoid potholes though.

AusAccord
24-09-2009, 08:54 PM
tks guys and really help. am using DFV at the moment and really happy with the ride quality so don't want to go backward if get myself into AR. heard air suspension is really firm/bumpy and unluckily i didn't get the chance to feel the AR when Dan and Kit were here in Sydney.

.QD
24-09-2009, 09:28 PM
i saw on the air runners websites they got different types of system now :) more technology. there's like a coilover type of shocks but with bags :)

OntheGround, they're nice, it's a shame they dont make for Euro/TSX.

tks guys and really help. am using DFV at the moment and really happy with the ride quality so don't want to go backward if get myself into AR. heard air suspension is really firm/bumpy and unluckily i didn't get the chance to feel the AR when Dan and Kit were here in Sydney.

Yeah, I forgot to get a demo in Dan's or Kit's car too.

Stig
17-10-2009, 09:35 PM
while on AR are you able to enjoy some corners? or is the handling just like poo

Atjo
17-10-2009, 11:26 PM
It's not recommended to do hard cornering using AR, the handling more/less like stock car depending on the damper setting.