PDA

View Full Version : [CL9] Ingalls Camber Kit - Wheel Alignment Problems

tknova
24-09-2009, 07:47 PM
Hey guys,

I've had a Ingall rear camber kit on my euro for a few years now. But, i'm having BIG problems finding a wheel alignment company in Melbourne that can adjust the rear camber kit.

When ever i goto a wheel alignment shop and they hoist up the car, they can not fit the spanner into cavity where you loosen/tighten the bolt to enable you too adjust the kit. (mount that the camber kit connects too)

This includes the camber arm & toe arm.

Who here has a ingal camber kit and has a succesful alignment completed? If so, i'd love to know what shop completed this?

BTW: I did goto trutrack in North Melbourne, they did adjust the rear kit, but they have to unbolt the kit from the car, adjust the kit and bolt it back up to the car as they cound't even undo the bolt as there spanners would not fit. That 4 wheel alignment cost me $220!!! :(

Please. HELP! :)

Cheers,

.QD
24-09-2009, 09:22 PM
I'm from Sydney, I take mine to my local Pedders shops. Cost me $120 for full wheel alignment and they have been able to adjust my ingalls.

kitbkk
24-09-2009, 11:15 PM
PM Tranz. He had his done just a couple weeks before. He managed to get it at -4.5 in the back LOL.

kongfu
24-09-2009, 11:23 PM
go to www.centrelinesuspension.com.au/

talk to chris. he is pro

tknova
26-09-2009, 11:01 AM
Thanks for all the help guys!

I'll give centreline suspension a go. Have they completed a wheel alignment on a euro with an ingal camber kit as yet?

Cheers,

aaronng
26-09-2009, 11:09 AM
I use a Bridgestone Tyre Centre and they are able to get that inner nut undone. They use a regular spanner but don't put it all the way in. They are still able to loosen it to adjust.

dupac->
26-09-2009, 11:33 AM
that must be one pathetic shop tha tyou went to.

JAX Tyres did full alignment and camber/toe adjustment for $60!

he goes i have to charge you more coz we had to play around with the camber kit.
i like thats fine..

i was thinking $150 here we go..

gives me the bill $60
cheering

TRaNz
26-09-2009, 01:30 PM
^^yeah same, i got mine done at local JAX too.
$60 for alignment. He had no problem adjusting from -3.4 to -1.0 a year ago and last week from -1.0 to -4.5. LOL yeah -4.5 .....was just 4DLULZ.

tknova
26-09-2009, 09:41 PM
Thanks heaps guys,

I'll try out both shops and see how we go. If they can't do it. I'll have to arrange a meet up with some other guys that have the same kit and check them both out, too see why mine can't be adjusted and yours can :)

I will report on how i go!

dupac->
27-09-2009, 07:25 PM
yeah them shops will do it no problems.

the shop u went to is just stupid asses

Crapdaz
28-09-2009, 09:18 AM
goodluck where ever i took my car to get aligned they couldn't tighten the nuts properly on the kit.

Everytime i hoisted the car up and touched the nuts, you can undo them with your hands.