PDA

View Full Version : ...........................................

underbelly
24-09-2009, 09:14 PM

burner42
24-09-2009, 09:32 PM
Generally I service mine every 5000-6000km depends on the type of oil you use, but I wouldn't leave it to 10000km, if you leave it for too long, you will wear out your internals more quickly. It cost a little bit, but saves you a lot of headache later on

dahondr98
25-09-2009, 12:18 AM
Yes, it is either time based (every 6 months), or every 10,000km. So, based on time, it's due for a service now. While you may think that you can just get away with servicing it every 10,000km, and only do one service every few years, things like the radiator coolant will only last a certain time before needing to be replaced to prevent engine corrosion. Brake fluid also needs to be replaced regularly, as it absorbs water. That causes the brake cylinders to corrode due to the presence of moisture, and additionally under heavy braking, such as down a long hill, the water can become steam, resulting in no brakes at all. So it really pays to get the car serviced according to the schedules.

shadou
25-09-2009, 12:28 AM
I wouldn't bother actually, everyone is like ohhh service time, but if you're doing low mileage I would stretch it out to maybe every 8 months or so, up to you but that's what an honest mechanic would tell you, a lot of old people still get their cars serviced with dealerships and the oil is still nice and yellow but service advisers still wanna milk them so we do it, some food for thought