PDA

View Full Version : blue plate from import - wat is it??

civicboy84
24-09-2009, 10:24 PM
Anyone know what this is for??

denrie
24-09-2009, 11:13 PM
this means ur car is a sir import dc2

ajbm
25-09-2009, 01:45 AM
it's the original Japanese VIN, hence car is imported and will need to be complied to meet ADRs (Australian Design Rules) at some point to be able to register it. You will also need an Import Approval Number for this vehicle, otherwise it will be considered as an illegally imorted vehicle, hence U cannot register it.

Once U got compliance and import approval number, they will give you a 17 digit VIN (for example xxxxxxxDC21109015).
Some state may require you to have Engineer certification for registration of an imported vehicle.
Hope this helps!

civicboy84
25-09-2009, 10:43 AM
[QUOTE=ajbm;2485999]it's the original Japanese VIN, hence car is imported and will need to be complied to meet ADRs (Australian Design Rules) at some point to be able to register it. You will also need an Import Approval Number for this vehicle, otherwise it will be considered as an illegally imorted vehicle, hence U cannot register it.

Once U got compliance and import approval number, they will give you a 17 digit VIN (for example xxxxxxxDC21109015).
Some state may require you to have Engineer certification for registration of an imported vehicle.
Hope this helps![/QUOTE

its actually a half cut since Im doing a conversion to my crx. does this mean if i give this number to honda I can order parts..?????

vinnY
25-09-2009, 11:59 AM
you can but it shouldn't matter
the dc2 was available in australia too so the parts shouldn't be that hard to find

ajbm
25-09-2009, 12:29 PM
you can but it shouldn't matter
the dc2 was available in australia too so the parts shouldn't be that hard to find

yes it should be the same part number for Australian Delivered DC2

civicboy84
25-09-2009, 05:49 PM
yes it should be the same part number for Australian Delivered DC2

So all I need to do is borrow someones VIN number lol when I speak to honda. Will this clutch fit it?

http://hioctaneracing.com.au/eshop/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=35&products_id=1321

dinorider
26-09-2009, 08:09 PM
So all I need to do is borrow someones VIN number lol when I speak to honda.

Why do you need to quote the VIN? Most times all it does is confuse the people at the parts counter or require them to go bang it into a computer and search.

Just ask for parts to a DC2 Integra, B18C engine. It looks like a 1996 spec version.

civicboy84
26-09-2009, 08:34 PM
Why do you need to quote the VIN? Most times all it does is confuse the people at the parts counter or require them to go bang it into a computer and search.

Just ask for parts to a DC2 Integra, B18C engine. It looks like a 1996 spec version.

Oh ok....how did you know its 96?

The guy at honda wanted me to believe the parts for an import jap honda are completely diff to a ozzie delivered

Thanks heaps for the help btw..

90LAN
26-09-2009, 08:55 PM
Oh ok....how did you know its 96?

The guy at honda wanted me to believe the parts for an import jap honda are completely diff to a ozzie delivered

Thanks heaps for the help btw..

they are too lazy to go and have a look when you say import
or too dumb in most cases

dinorider
26-09-2009, 09:52 PM
they are too lazy to go and have a look when you say import
or too dumb in most cases

Haha. yeah. They're mostly just dumb and not knowledgeable about anything other than Aussie factory Spec cars.

Way back in 2003, a friend of mine once took his DC2 into the dealership for some work, and his car has a complete DC2R exhaust fitted to it. The dealership mechanic hoisted the car up, looked at the exhaust, and said, "this exhaust isn't an original part is it? Where did it come from?"

Hello, duh, it came from a stock DC2R. You would think that a Honda mechanic knows what a DC2R exhaust looks like.

A JDM Integra and Aussie Integra with the same engine type are 99% mechanically identical.

Cosmetically the front end has different panels and lights that's all.

And Honda part numbers are identical worldwide.