PDA

View Full Version : Twin loop muffler vs Varex Muffler

AbzMina
25-09-2009, 05:18 PM
hi, i was looking at getting a new exhaust system (whole thing) on my integra type s. But im still undecided on what muffler to get.

I prefer to have a normal sounding car for everyday driving, but when i feel like giving it abit i want to hear/feel the difference. The varex has the butterfly valve where i can control the flow/volume..and the twin loop system i've been told is another option, but i dont really see the benefit of the twin loop over the varex.

I was planning to get varex, but ive been told by a few people that the valve stuffs up and it may not be good for the engine?

Comments and ideas would be much appreciated...
thanx :thumbsup:

DLO01
25-09-2009, 05:35 PM
Not sure about the valve stuffing up but yes its just an extra thing that can go wrong.......

Benifit of the Twin loop over the Varex is that it is never restricting the exhaust flow and it will always be relativley quiet because of the twin loop design. I see that as a plus plus. :thumbsup:

Varex will be quiet and restrictive when valve closed and loud and non-restrictive when open.

akina
28-09-2009, 12:34 PM
Varex is illegal too.

WATAJK
28-09-2009, 05:10 PM
Varex is illegal too.

why so :S

seihoa
28-09-2009, 05:23 PM
The varex isnt that restrictive because even tho the butterfly is closed the air still travels through another camber.... unlike those other type of butterfly valve which jst blocks off the exhaust completely.

Low RPM is fine but hitting vtech with the butterfly closed might cause some issues.

I got one and i love it = D

FEL12X
29-09-2009, 02:01 PM
for varex when the valve is fully close, the air will pass thur the muffler in the side chamber, so it will still act like a normal muffler and not blocking off the exhaust in anyway,
and for the valve problem issue, we rarely have this stuffed up even tho xforce will provide warranty on it, like if the motor stuff up , within warranty period xforce will replace it and even its out, u can still purchase it form xforce, easy to remove and replace

Twinloop is always a good muffler anyway

akina
29-09-2009, 08:27 PM
why so :S

Look what I found it in his other thread:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119503

nam.qhc
18-02-2011, 09:18 PM
im havin the same issue! im soon to buy a xforce 4-2-1 headers n xforce hi flow cat! but cant decide what muffler! the xforce s12 twinloop sounds nice as! my mate has on his eg. but ive never heard the oval varex! im kinda leanin towards s12 twinloop cause for sure i know sounds good! its TWINLOOP! lol and its cheaper than varex!

RED-DC5R
20-02-2011, 09:02 PM
I reckon twinloop will suit your driving style more like you said you want a normal quiet noise for daily drive and when you want to gun it will scream. Twinloop does all that.