PDA

View Full Version : EK interior roof light not work

cdaniel21
25-09-2009, 09:26 PM
Hi guys, anyone know how to solve this problem??

My EK4 interior roof light doen't work only when I switch "ON",
but it will work if I switch to "Door".
So now I need to open the door in order to turn on the light!!!
I throught is switch problem, but I bought another one and still the same.

dahondr98
28-09-2009, 07:27 PM
The light just has battery permanently connected to it via the light fuse, and earth is switched to it directly via the light switch in the on position, or indirectly via the door switches when in the door position, via the switches in the door pillars when the doors are opened. So if it isn’t working when in the on position, then the light isn’t getting a switching earth via the light switch. I’d suspect either connector near the light, or near the fusebox, assuming that the wires are OK.

Disconnect the battery (make sure you have the radio code, if it’s the standard radio), and then remove the light housing from the car ceiling (two screws for sedan, one bolt for hatch/coupe) – the connectors and wiring is above the light. There are two connectors for a sedan above the light – one has ground, the other earth. The hatchback and coupe only have one connector, with both earth and ground on it. The wires go down the A-pillar (driver’s side), and connect into the main wiring harness via another connector, somewhere near the fuse box. The battery to the light is a white/red wire, while the switched earth from the door switches is a light green/red wire – I think the earth wire is black, although as they omit the colour in the circuit diagram for the ceiling light, I may be wrong. It is for the boot light, so it’s probably the same for all earths, as per convention. So, have a look at the connector/s for the black wire.