PDA

View Full Version : Drivetrain / Tranny section

Sir_vtec
26-09-2009, 01:07 PM
I think its time we opened a separate section for all drivetrain and gearbox questions and information.

I run searches and find it hard to narrow down the topics on particular gearboxes as there are so many b series boxes alone. Topics like tranny leaks, tranny seals, lsd, driveshafts customed or not, etc.

what do you think?

SHOGUNOVDDRK
26-09-2009, 01:11 PM
plus one for this

wynode
26-09-2009, 01:36 PM
I'm not 100% sure that we can justify such a dedicated section to be honest. However one thing that people can / should do is tag threads (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112004&highlight=tag*) more actively which would help.

Of course the other option like you said is to spend a bit more time changing your search wild cards

aaronng
26-09-2009, 02:11 PM
I run searches and find it hard to narrow down the topics on particular gearboxes as there are so many b series boxes alone. Topics like tranny leaks, tranny seals, lsd, driveshafts customed or not, etc.

When you search, use advanced search and highlight the sections you want to include, which would be any vehicle with a b-series and the technical section. If I was searching, I'd include Civic pre-2001, Integra and the Technical section in the search.

If the information is not there, I'd post in the correct section. I saw your post on the y21 gearbox seal. Posting in the noob section is not the best way to get an answer. You should post in the model section from which the Y21 gearbox comes from.

Sir_vtec
26-09-2009, 03:13 PM
If the information is not there, I'd post in the correct section. I saw your post on the y21 gearbox seal. Posting in the noob section is not the best way to get an answer. You should post in the model section from which the Y21 gearbox comes from.

Yeh because i was also wondering whether all bseries hydro boxes shared the same seal thats why i didnt open the thread in a specific section.

wynode
26-09-2009, 06:04 PM
Good point above there by Aaron.

I think we could do with a small "How to Search effectively" document!

SHOGUNOVDDRK
26-09-2009, 06:14 PM
Ok, so for future reference where would be the best place to post/request information on the subject (i.e D16a1 vs B16a1 driveshaft measurements)

wynode
26-09-2009, 06:18 PM
Ok, so for future reference where would be the best place to post/request information on the subject (i.e D16a1 vs B16a1 driveshaft measurements)

The appropriate forum in this order:

1. New User forum
2. Model Specific
3. Technical

SHOGUNOVDDRK
26-09-2009, 06:19 PM
Sweet.

trism
03-10-2009, 01:39 AM
i think that wanting to know the size differences is a bit above the level of someone who would normally post int eh n00b section