PDA

View Full Version : Wheel offset

goo
26-09-2009, 04:29 PM
Hi all, I'm new here AND from the UK so please be gentle with me ... :)

I've just swapped my 7th gen Accord for a new (09) 8th gen EX model - this is the same spec as your Euro Luxury but with 17" wheels. Can anyone tell me the offset of the 18" wheels fitted to the Euro Luxury, please???

You lot seem to know far more about their cars than we do here in the UK. And Honda UK are absolutely useless when it comes to technical support.

Thanks in advance.

[ IV 23 VI ]
28-09-2009, 04:09 PM
This is what I found in the Accord Euro Sub forum

Thread Topic: CU2 Wheels

I have done three months of research on this subject and the bottom line (at least for the CU2 Lux) is the following.

Stock rubber is 235/45/18 on 8" +55 offset wheels. If you go to 7.5" rims the 235 will still fit comfortably and a change to a +45 offset is OK and from my experience will clear the guards.

Any lower offset would increase the track by over 20mm. In NSW (don't know about other states) it is only legal to increase your track by 25mm (that would be +43 offset). I am told that an increase of more than 10mm in offset will put a lot of strain on the running gear, may void your warranty and insurance, not to mention you will probably have to roll the guards.

The other issue that I have encountered is the 'x factor' of the wheel, the CU2 has massive front brake calipers and even with a change to +45 offset a lot of wheels have a dish that is too deep and fouls on the caliper.

I have been shopping around for months now and the retailers really have no idea given the model is so new. I had one guy try to sell me +35 offset wheels and then when I insisted on nothing under +45 he wanted to put 5mm spacers behind the wheels.

My advice do your research before you buy.

By the way this is the best calculator I have found.

http://wheelsmaster.com/rt_specs.jsp

Hope this helps mate.

goo
28-09-2009, 06:28 PM
Thanks for the info.

I searched this forum (along with many others) trying to find a definitive answer as opposed to an opinion or a guess, but I must have missed that post.

Thanks again :thumbsup:

[ IV 23 VI ]
28-09-2009, 07:03 PM
No worries mate, I hate search functions on forums aswell..
They never find exactly what u want..