PDA

View Full Version : Urgent help needed -

im.Kusuma
26-09-2009, 07:56 PM
Hey guy im really in a hurry, someone hit my rear bumper and its scraping the floor from one side. How do i take it out - particular screw , clips.
and i cant leave it till tomorow :(
please hellpp

kcokla
26-09-2009, 07:58 PM
gosh
on the opposide side there is a screw/bolt where it connects to the rear quarter panel there are probably a few under the rear bar and perhaps in the boot

u really should tell us what car you have it would help.

mars_panas
26-09-2009, 08:04 PM
EF civic?

There is 4 screws for the removal of your rear bumper 2 inside under the tail lights and 2 under the car, they are 12mm bolts.

im.Kusuma
26-09-2009, 08:59 PM
yeah EF civic sorry.. ED perhaps - sedan. I located the 4 screws which is on the rear wheel arch, but im sure theres plenty more for the top bit of the bumper but i cant get my hands of it... sorry

mars_panas
26-09-2009, 09:04 PM
have u located the ones inside your boot?

im.Kusuma
26-09-2009, 09:26 PM
arghhh no... from my eyesight, the chassis is blocking access from the top screws...

dougie_504
26-09-2009, 10:54 PM
Just use duct tape to hold it up until you can get the car to somebody who knows how to do it

WATAJK
27-09-2009, 09:15 AM
Just use duct tape to hold it up until you can get the car to somebody who knows how to do it

Love duct tape man

sorry to hear whats happened bro

im.Kusuma
27-09-2009, 04:50 PM
hmm thanks everyone for your help.. While i was going home, i used some kind of rope i found on the foot path.. Coz i posted this thread via internet cafe lol. But yeah, things are sorted last night when i got home without getting it scraped. Now car just sit without a rear bumper, will be getting a second hand one very soon. thanks :)

close thread please

OMG.JAI xD
27-09-2009, 07:03 PM
Cable ties. Duct tape leaves a sticky residue =]

WATAJK
27-09-2009, 10:05 PM
Cable ties. Duct tape leaves a sticky residue =]

metho spirits ;)

dougie_504
27-09-2009, 10:39 PM
metho spirits ;)

or eucalyptus oil :)

unity
28-09-2009, 06:30 AM
Hey I also got rear ended on Saturday night too. Second not at fault accident this year. My reaar bumper has been knocked out of allignment. There is about a 1 inch gap between the base of the tail light and the top of the rear bumper. Will there be any major concern if water was to get into through this gap?

WATAJK
28-09-2009, 05:09 PM
Hey I also got rear ended on Saturday night too. Second not at fault accident this year. My reaar bumper has been knocked out of allignment. There is about a 1 inch gap between the base of the tail light and the top of the rear bumper. Will there be any major concern if water was to get into through this gap?

Got the same issue as u mate, revered into my mates care lol :cool:
I haven't had any problem yet with washing mine
AS OF YET..
Will keep u inform'd if sumfing happens though :) (shouldnt have problems as there ain't any wiring there...

im.Kusuma
28-09-2009, 05:10 PM
as far as i know... if its under ur tail light, it should be fine, it'll just drain down unless you got parking sensor which can lead to electronic problems if water faks up ur parking sensor.. What car btw?

WATAJK
28-09-2009, 05:11 PM
as far as i know... if its under ur tail light, it should be fine, it'll just drain down unless you got parking sensor which can lead to electronic problems if water faks up ur parking sensor.. What car btw?

07 Euro his thingo says, go with that lol

im.Kusuma
28-09-2009, 05:19 PM
what thingo? LOL. fk man.. $150 for a rear bumper for my ED... fmd..

WATAJK
28-09-2009, 05:28 PM
what thingo? LOL. fk man.. $150 for a rear bumper for my ED... fmd..

Eh im not intending to replace my DC5R rear bar.. Scared to look at prices lol...
When i get my paint job done then ill get it all fixed up.. till then it can fkin wait lol

unity
29-09-2009, 12:57 AM
I checked with honda service this morning and they confirmed it's just an open cavity so there wont be any problem if water was to get in.

Yes my car is a 2007 Accord euro.

I had the insurance company ring me this afternoon and the quote to fix the damage on my car would be $2500.

im.Kusuma
29-09-2009, 04:42 PM
fkk me.. insurance are redicilous.. -___- bro's mr2 got hit at the front, insurance says $1700 access fee.. When we can get it fixed for $1200 incl respray..