PDA

View Full Version : So i just put a pod on...

clutch
27-09-2009, 09:15 AM
Hey guys, i put a pod setup on my stock eg4 car today and its all hoked up as required and properly, ive double checked everything so its fitted prctly on the new piping etc.

The problem im getting now is wen flat footing the throttle at low rpm i get a low droning noise that disapears as the rpm rises a couple of grand.

The noise is a realy low tone drone that only does it early in the tacco.

I have no idea were its coming from

has anyone experienced this? Has anyone just fitted a pod and got this low tone drone? Is it something to worry about?

Cheers

hisoka
27-09-2009, 10:21 AM
thats the induction noise as the air rips throught the mesh filter.

nothing to worry about

SHU-ES1
27-09-2009, 11:02 AM
yo! it's the pod filter, i get it too. and when your car is on low rpm, it does make that sound anyways. sounds like its chugging.

aaronng
27-09-2009, 11:05 AM
Makes it sound a bit like a rexxy.

clutch
27-09-2009, 11:53 AM
Ahhh ok so its the filter chugging, i thought something wasnt right with the mixture and was sounding funny at the exhaust.

Cheers guys

TheSaint
27-09-2009, 05:14 PM
same thing here on a EG8 gli ... dont go full throttle until ur revs are higher ... it sounds much nicer lol

i find the longer larger pods like the K+N ones are worse for this as well ... and the shorter apexi style ones have a much nicer revvy sound

clutch
28-09-2009, 07:46 AM
Lol yea i have a short kn filter, it does soinf nice, do u hear it ouside of tge car? Is the exhaust any louder?

SHU-ES1
28-09-2009, 08:14 AM
if you don't have an exhaust and your revving it in gear, you'll hearing a sucking noise. like ssssssssshhh. it sounds nice when your tapping the accelerator, the sound is more prominent. i'd rather have a spooling sound coming from my car though :P

clutch
28-09-2009, 10:29 AM
if you don't have an exhaust and your revving it in gear, you'll hearing a sucking noise. like ssssssssshhh. it sounds nice when your tapping the accelerator, the sound is more prominent. i'd rather have a spooling sound coming from my car though :P

Lol yea i took the pod off on my old car and put the airbox bak on just cos i liked the subtle spooling squeel :P

curtis265
28-09-2009, 12:15 PM
Makes it sound a bit like a rexxy.

Lol reminds me of a friend who had one spark plug die on him...