PDA

View Full Version : Disarming the car alarm! Help needed.

civicluv
27-09-2009, 10:11 AM
Just yesterday i managed to get my car alarm wet and now it wont turn off unless i take the battery terminals off the battery. The alarm was in the car when i bought it and was not given the key to manually turn it off, lucky me! I tried looking all over the alarm for a brand name on it but could not find one. I was told that there is a fuse somewhere along the way and if i can find it and remove it the alarm should disable. The alarm works of the remote central locking so when i lock the doors the alarm is armed and press te button to open the doors the alarm turns off.

Does anybody know where this fuse should be located if the fuse rumour is correct?

Thanks...

DLO01
27-09-2009, 10:21 AM
Yeh, easy way is to use the key, but you don't have it. I had the same problem on my old Crx with getting water on the alarm unit, but I had the key to turn it off. The fuse thing will work in the sense that it will cut power supply off to the alarm, but you know, it probably has a battery backup and sill go off.

civicluv
27-09-2009, 10:41 AM
well i cant drive my car untill its fixed so its worth giving it a go. as soon as i hook the battery terminals back on to the battery off she screams again so i cant even hook the battery up. and ideas on what this fuse or fuse box should look like? i've got my whole drivers dash pulled apart at the moment and i found the electronic shock sensor but thats all i've really found that sounds like it has anything to do with the alarm.

beeza
27-09-2009, 11:09 AM
Damn.It probably would have a code that you can enter via the alarm key button,like 5-3-1-2 or something but you aint got that either so it's the fuse but like Dean said,more than likely the siren will have a backup battery and still go off.

So,it's the fuse trick to try or if you find out what alarm it is,ring someone who sells them and they might know a trick or 2.

civicluv
27-09-2009, 11:32 AM
Damn.It probably would have a code that you can enter via the alarm key button,like 5-3-1-2 or something but you aint got that either so it's the fuse but like Dean said,more than likely the siren will have a backup battery and still go off.

So,it's the fuse trick to try or if you find out what alarm it is,ring someone who sells them and they might know a trick or 2.

I can get it fixed at an auto electrician tomorrow but i have to get a tow truck to get it there and have no idea how much it will cost. i also start work at 3pm so it has to be ready to go by then.

beeza
27-09-2009, 11:39 AM
Will it start with the alarm going?

DLO01
27-09-2009, 11:52 AM
Yes. It locks/unlocks, arms/disarms. Like normal. But the water in the alarm make it go off.

beeza
27-09-2009, 12:08 PM
Some auto elecricians will get there 2nd mate to drive to you and check it out.It will be cheaper this way,if he does it.

civicluv
27-09-2009, 12:13 PM
Some auto elecricians will get there 2nd mate to drive to you and check it out.It will be cheaper this way,if he does it.

Yep tried starting the car and it starts up, alarm still screams though. The only time it stops screaming is when the battery is dissconected.

beeza
27-09-2009, 12:20 PM
I would wrap the alarm in towels to muffel it and drive to the auto electricians first thing in the morning and get it sorted!

With it wrapped up in 2 towels/shirts etc,the sound will be majorly muffled and you wont hear it too much.

That's what I would do.

civicluv
27-09-2009, 12:24 PM
yeah i tried wrapping up with towls and crap cause i had every dog on the block barking and the neighbours wernt to happy with me either. but even though it was wrapped up it is still ear pearcing loud.

beeza
27-09-2009, 12:52 PM
O damn!

Even if the towels are wet?

civicluv
27-09-2009, 01:00 PM
I really dont want to get any more water/moisture in it when i think it was the water that set it off in the first place. when i get home i got to try and find this fuse to disable it. if it goes off again then i'll just stick the fuse back in and get the tow truck to take it down to the auto electrician. i just have no idea what the fuse or fuse box for the alarm looks like.

beeza
27-09-2009, 01:19 PM
All you can do then is get some long nose pliers and pull em' out 1 by 1 and see if one of them stops it.

Frustrating.

civicluv
27-09-2009, 01:27 PM
i was told the alarm has its own fuse box. so thats the fuse box i've been looking for, the alarm fuse box.

beeza
27-09-2009, 01:32 PM
I only know of 2 fuse boxes.One under the steering column and one in the engine bay...

civicluv
27-09-2009, 01:52 PM
I only know of 2 fuse boxes.One under the steering column and one in the engine bay...

agreed on that one but an racq guy told me it was an aftermarket alarm and it has its own fuse somewhere. thats why my dash is apart and im trying to find the fuse for the alarm lol

aaronng
27-09-2009, 01:56 PM
agreed on that one but an racq guy told me it was an aftermarket alarm and it has its own fuse somewhere. thats why my dash is apart and im trying to find the fuse for the alarm lol

Follow the wiring from the alarm to the control unit. Then from the control unit, there should be wiring to an inline fuse and then to the battery.

civicluv
27-09-2009, 02:17 PM
Follow the wiring from the alarm to the control unit. Then from the control unit, there should be wiring to an inline fuse and then to the battery.

So in saying that, the fuse should be close to the battery and not hidden under the dash somewhere in the maze of wires?

civicluv
28-09-2009, 03:25 PM
I's just like to say thanks to everyone for there help. after venturing even more into the depths of wires i ended up find the control box for the alarm. I pulled out all the plugs that went into the alarm and then plugged them all back in. The alarm went off again, pressed the button on my keys and it stoped and so far it hasnt started back up again.

so once again thanks ot you all.

WATAJK
28-09-2009, 05:05 PM
Glad to hear it's stopped mate
If it ****ing does it again cut the ****ing wires apart.. Electric Tape.. Problem solved for good ;)

seihoa
28-09-2009, 05:31 PM
means u also have a cheap alarm system.... time to get a new one =D

DLO01
28-09-2009, 06:19 PM
Not really. Depends where its installed in the engine bay. I had exactly the same problem with my alarm on the Crx. It was directly below a low point under the bonnet. ie whenever it rained, water found its way under the bonnet to the low spot and then dripped directly on the alarm unit. This somehow shorted it out and set it off without warning, when it dryed out it was fine again. Maybe your problem is simular to mine. I ended up making a cover for mine and all was good after that.

Heres a photo. Cover is top left in engine bay. The aluminium cover.
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a265/DLO01/My%20Crx/123-2301_IMG.jpg

beeza
29-09-2009, 11:59 AM
Nice.I never saw ya old CRX.Anymore pics Deano?

civicluv
30-09-2009, 10:12 AM
I really have no intensions of changing it. it's only done it twice in the 2 years i've had the car. At least i know it works and works well it does lol.

ek4-guy
30-09-2009, 10:14 AM
dude remove the brand there is no need to post it and knowing the brand makes it soooo much easier for thieves to bypass it

tiksie
19-10-2009, 12:54 PM
Why didn't you just turn the car on then pull the terminals off and drive there ? Your car runs on your alternator anyway.

beeza
19-10-2009, 04:03 PM
Oh,nice one Tiksie!

That would work!!

civicluv
08-11-2009, 12:18 PM
Why didn't you just turn the car on then pull the terminals off and drive there ? Your car runs on your alternator anyway.

I really wasnt interested in paying someone to fix it for me when i havent given up myself on fixing it lol besides is was just another bit of experience :thumbsup:

also the alarm has a back up power supply so even when the battery wasnt hooked up the charge in the back up battery was still working fine. i dont really feel like driving a car with an alarm screaming when the police station is just down the road from me lol

sorry bout the late reply didnt realise people were still talking about it lol