PDA

View Full Version : Skunk2 Short Shifter

blackk
27-09-2009, 11:19 AM
Hey,

Can someone please tell me if the Skunk2 short shifter stick would be shorter in height between the stock civic or the same? Also whats the difference between the single bend and dual bend?

Much appreciated.

finalazy
27-09-2009, 11:24 AM
its shorter than stock making the throw shorter, makes it feel better imo (im selling my skunk2 short shifter btw)

EG5
27-09-2009, 11:31 AM
Same height , shorter throw

dual bend , single bend difference is just the shape differences

blackk
27-09-2009, 12:16 PM
oh cool, im actually after the same stock height with shorter throw. Does the shape differences have an affect on anything? Or is the stick height different between the two

japcollector
27-09-2009, 01:06 PM
Yeah it should give you a more smoother and more positive shifting compared to the single bend due to lower friction.

flipfire
27-09-2009, 01:12 PM
My short shifter stick was actually longer than stock when put side to side. Its just the ball/pivot point is higher giving you a shorter throw on the top stick and more push to the bottom (shift linkage).

geeang
27-09-2009, 01:16 PM
Yeah it should give you a more smoother and more positive shifting compared to the single bend due to lower friction.

I don't understand your theory, how does a dual bend reduce friction/give a smoother shift over a single bend?

A dual bend shifter bend back and up, while a single bend simply bends back at a small angle, only difference I can see between the two would be the gear knob position in the end with the dual bend sitting further back.

blackk
27-09-2009, 01:17 PM
My short shifter stick was actually longer than stock when put side to side. Its just the ball/pivot point is higher giving you a shorter throw on the top stick and more push to the bottom (shift linkage).

which bend did u get?

flipfire
27-09-2009, 01:24 PM
Single bend, didnt see the point of dual bend like geeang said. It actually looks like the bends make it structurally weaker and more prone to bending when shifting hard.

Its only longer when compared side by side, but when its installed in the car it will sit about 2-3cm's lower.

All in all, short shifters dont actually make your car shift any faster than what your transmission can offer. It feels much better driving than stock though.

Dual Bend:
http://i40.tinypic.com/1zd4wgy.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/mt8i11.jpg

blackk
27-09-2009, 01:34 PM
oh ok, well i wanted to get the shortshifter with the skunk2 shift knob because it was on sale and i was worried that the shift knob would make the stick shift looks shorter. I dont really want it look short. Thanks for the help though, appreciated it. :)

flipfire
27-09-2009, 01:42 PM
Well the photos i posted was from this (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115332) guide. The single bend i got sits much higher than that

Get a dildo shift knob if you want it higher haha

blackk
27-09-2009, 02:05 PM
haha cheers man! i think im gonna get single