PDA

View Full Version : D17A2? NA Recommendations

TypeN
16-11-2004, 09:19 PM
Have manual 04 Civc Vi, I know its not the most powerful engine (96kw) and that it is more fuel economic vehicle but would really like to gain more performance out of this puppy!!! will appreciate some info about this engine (D17A2) and any ideas on intake, exhaust, headers etc..... I been reading and searching the net and all these honda forums and have some ideas of what to look for but dont know what exactly will give me best performance out of this engine in particular :confused: please give me some direction oh great ones

Weq
16-11-2004, 09:45 PM
basic boltons will improve any engine. start there i spose. the aftermarket is still young for these puppies though, so if u want advanced stuff u may have to look custom (ie turbo)... check out forums dedicated to this make. See what parts it shares with other d-series engines.

McChook
16-11-2004, 09:53 PM
I'm sure the americans have more ideas than anything done locally, so hit the US forums and have a browse.....
I suppose someone would sell a turbo kit, but as for NA power, you won't get a lot from the usual mods, but maybe a wild cam, shaved head and port and polish could change that

egSi
17-11-2004, 03:30 PM
theres a 7th gen forum with US based ppl on it, search for it man :thumbsup:

NeuroX
18-11-2004, 08:15 AM
www.7thgencivic.com :)

2k1cvc
18-11-2004, 10:38 AM
one simple mod you can get..
a k&n filter that fits into the standard box...
i purchased mine at autojoy in parramatta sydney for $85..
not a huge difference, just a little louder than standard. heaps and heaps of info from www.2k1cvc.com (better knows as 7thgencivic.com nowadays )
also ebay have intake systems and lil things like that you can browse around for :)

Aifa
09-09-2005, 06:41 PM
I have the same car as you bro (04 Civic Vi). And yeah, im trying to rice it up with anything i can get my hands on. Besides an air filter change,,, anything else anyone can reccommend??

I doubt the Yanks know much about the Vi hatch though... they dont sell them over there... they only sell them the Si for some gay reason.

Vtiboy
10-09-2005, 04:33 AM
Yeah, I have got a Vi Hatch too. It's not a fast car, but fast enough for me. :)
For mod, things like Air filter kit and a Cat Back sys would be good.
However, you will not get much power out of them. For me, I will get aftermarket shock and spring as well, so it can catch up at corners.
I think it is not worthwhile to spend too much on this car. Better save up and buy a more powerful car. :)

ricky_wingki
12-10-2005, 06:01 PM
D17A2, definitely go for turbo. Won't gain much power with n/a mods, and rare parts. For intake pipe, header etc, u might look at DC sports ,AEM, or Injen.

VT3C
12-10-2005, 06:10 PM
yeah I kinda agree that not much point tuning the D17 for N/A however, it IS the most potent of all the D-series motors.. so IF you were goin to build a N/A d-series. .the D17 would be the best platform to start with.

look into CROWER cams and SKUNK2.. if anyone has a cam for these motors it's them..

otherwise a 4-1 header to improve top-end power..

many yanks mod your engine but in the 7th gen coupe.

heist
13-10-2005, 09:32 AM
7it IS the most potent of all the D-series motors..

i would disagree. the ZC (D16A8) would be the most potent.

VT3C
13-10-2005, 11:57 AM
i would disagree. the ZC (D16A8) would be the most potent.

LMFAO and WHAT do you base that opinion on ????

cause the ZC has less specific HP ? or casue the ZC has way less Torque ?

**Ghost**
13-10-2005, 12:13 PM
I'm interested in this discussion...always wondered y ppl were so much a fan of the ZC and d16Y sohc vtec while the D17A never got touched even tho it has more factory torque and power....

heist
13-10-2005, 12:13 PM
um, both make 96kw, even though the d17a is 1.7 litre and the D16a8 is only 1.6 litre...

plus DOHC....

heist
13-10-2005, 12:22 PM
cos its new ghost...., plus its SOHC and non vtec....