PDA

View Full Version : Lowered cars...

MRB18R
28-09-2009, 01:16 PM
hey guys... listen my EM1 is pretty low... and i know they say when its lowww... go over humps on an angle... but even when i seem to do that it still scrapes against the exhaust... and i feel like im hurting my car LMAO :P ...
but it doesnt always scrape... is there another way to get around this problem besides putting the height up on my car :(:( ....?????

Cheers Michael

SHOGUNOVDDRK
28-09-2009, 01:18 PM
Yeah, go to another exhaust place and see if they can get your exhaust to sit up higher.

Thats all I can suggest really.

spastic
28-09-2009, 01:24 PM
learn to go REALLY SLOW and super diagnolly if ur car is as low as it is in ur avatar it doesn't loo that extremly low.

flipfire
28-09-2009, 01:52 PM
Yeah go to a good performance exhaust shop and ask them what they can do about it

simonnowis
28-09-2009, 01:59 PM
what part of the exhaust scrapes? if its the muffler as shogun said go to an exhaust shop to raise it. for me my resonator always gets a banging on speed bumps, to fix the problem i would prob have to get a smaller/thinner resonator or completely remove it.
otherwise only way is to figure out how to overcome the speed bump without scraping.

WATAJK
28-09-2009, 05:00 PM
Could always get ur exhaust muffler changed? Depends on the system ur runnin...
New tip perhaps?

seihoa
28-09-2009, 05:25 PM
I'm pretty sure its prob the middle section of ur exhaust that scapes when u go over bumps. Bend over and have a look.

As the others said, either raise ur car or goto an exhaust shop and see if they can raise ur exhaust an ince or so if they can.

im.Kusuma
28-09-2009, 05:29 PM
airbags? :P