PDA

View Full Version : Screamer pipe.....

craigosrepz
28-09-2009, 05:39 PM
Hi,

Ive gota b16a turbo eg thats screamer pipe dumps to atmosphere... an i was wondering if someone could tell me what sort of shit id get into if i got caught by the police.?. I'm from Nz but living in queensland now an never really got into trouble for that before..

the cars mod plated for everything posible but any info would be great...

THANKS

DLO01
28-09-2009, 06:01 PM
Exactly the same trouble if you got caught running not Cat Conveter. To put it plain and simple, you'll be in a lot of shite, and a big fine IF you get caught.

A screamer pipe goes to Atmo and does not pass through any Cat Conveter. Plus its noisy as its not muffled at all, so noise polution as well.

eg5civic
28-09-2009, 06:02 PM
you would be knee deep in shit

its like running a BOV that vents to atmosphere, so you'll get defected, maybe a fine from the EPA aswell, idk, its almost like running no cat isnt it?

EDIT- damn dean beat me :O

Just dont boost it around cops and hope for the best or remove it

.k.
28-09-2009, 06:23 PM
something like a 10k fine.. (or insert other ridiculously high number)

craigosrepz
28-09-2009, 06:33 PM
Hmmmm thought It'd be bad news....

Well a bit of noise at boost or a fine that could exceed the price of the car....

Time to get it welded up i think.

Hey thanks for the info rather find out before hand than learn from a mistake.

V73C
28-09-2009, 06:42 PM
yeah dude, you'll get a fine for sure if they found out. would be awesome if it was like NZ though, no cat FTW

DLO01
28-09-2009, 06:49 PM
Yeh, plumb it back in to your exhaust. Just to be safe. You can always weld on a flange so you can change from pumb back to a screamer, like I had on my car. Plumb back for street, screamer for track/drag.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a265/DLO01/Misc/ResizeofDSC01601.jpg

craigosrepz
28-09-2009, 06:55 PM
Yeah NZ's gotta laws now to enforce the screamer pipes but on my last car in NZ I just had it plumbed so that it looked like it was plumbed up but it wasn't they don't eally enforce it hard out they are more focused on cut springs making sure the springs are captive safety side of things but you'd get the odd officer that'd be a pain about it.

But yeah cut it out an chuck the cat in the rubbish lol...

My civic here has a full 3inch mandrel bend exhaust hi flow cat an resonators but i still don't think it'd pass emissions test but thats another story...

So many laws to learn!

craigosrepz
28-09-2009, 06:59 PM
Yeh, plumb it back in to your exhaust. Just to be safe. You can always weld on a flange so you can change from pumb back to a screamer, like I had on my car. Plumb back for street, screamer for track/drag.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a265/DLO01/Misc/ResizeofDSC01601.jpg

I'd rather be safe than having to pay a huge fine. Just gotta find a place to do it now on the gold coast....

DLO01
28-09-2009, 07:02 PM
My mate at Beenleigh does all my work. Excellent rates and as you can see very nice work. PM me if you want his number. Beenleigh is not too far away from you.

japcollector
28-09-2009, 07:11 PM
something like a 10k fine.. (or insert other ridiculously high number)

Can someone confirm this because if you only get caught with a bov and given a defect its only a day in court and $100 fine.

Also anyone know how much u will busted with nitrous, know a few people that use them on the street :eek:

4age8u
29-09-2009, 01:19 PM
Yeah NZ's gotta laws now to enforce the screamer pipes but on my last car in NZ I just had it plumbed so that it looked like it was plumbed up but it wasn't they don't eally enforce it hard out they are more focused on cut springs making sure the springs are captive safety side of things but you'd get the odd officer that'd be a pain about it.

But yeah cut it out an chuck the cat in the rubbish lol...

My civic here has a full 3inch mandrel bend exhaust hi flow cat an resonators but i still don't think it'd pass emissions test but thats another story...

So many laws to learn!

yeah back in nz if you didnt have screamer plus bov your a puff lol atleast in here we dont have wof:thumbsup: lol

craigosrepz
29-09-2009, 06:33 PM
yeah back in nz if you didnt have screamer plus bov your a puff lol atleast in here we dont have wof:thumbsup: lol

Yeah hated getting WOFs (Warrent Of Fitness) every 6 months here one road worthy (which i havent even done yet with my civic lol) for life unless you buy another car ofr something.

Regos well.. miss the $120 dollar 6 month regz but never mind gotta get with the new changes.

zco
30-09-2009, 01:14 PM
to set the record straight, all you noobs think the fine is 10k straight up.
too many internet know it all's.

hisoka
30-09-2009, 01:40 PM
screamer pipe is classed as a exhaust leak in NZ, in australia iam not sure what it is. probably the same.

craigosrepz
30-09-2009, 05:33 PM
to set the record straight, all you noobs think the fine is 10k straight up.
too many internet know it all's.

I dont expect the fine to be 10k. Thats at the extreme end of the table.