PDA

View Full Version : time length to respray a front bar

MWAKU
28-09-2009, 06:39 PM
just wondering how long it would take to respray a front bar? i've got some paint cracks on one side, and thus the whole front bar needs a respray

just wondering if it would take a full working day, or would it take longer? like im talking about a proper decent job, no shortcuts.

i don't mind if it takes more then a day, but would be convienient if i go there 9am pick up at 5pm

simonnowis
28-09-2009, 06:54 PM
it would take more than a day, just getting some side skirts and mouldings painted took the shop about 3-4 days to finish.
the prepping and paint curing time would be majority of the time consumed. the actual spraying of colour would be quick.

MWAKU
28-09-2009, 07:01 PM
ah thanks for the speedy reply

i was assuming it would take more then a day but yeah just wondered. cheers

lock plz

M@lew
29-09-2009, 12:21 AM
I had my front done a couple of weeks ago and had to drop it off Tues, pick up Fri. But probably depends who you go to and how busy they are but it's most likely at least a couple of days.

phwoaaa
29-09-2009, 12:29 AM
it doesnt take long~ a day if they work on it

SuiJin
29-09-2009, 12:33 AM
how much did it cost?

simonnowis
29-09-2009, 12:49 AM
the workshop i went to charged my $400 for the job which was reasonably cheap, considering they quoted me nearly $6k for a respray in same colour LOL.
iv heard of ppl getting their bumper resprayed for just $200 bucks. it really depends where you shop. the price seems to vary so much.

jaepee36
29-09-2009, 08:40 AM
find a mate who works at a respray. only asked me to re-imburse him for the paint. He did my front bar for $90 =)

kcokla
29-09-2009, 10:58 AM
find a mate who works at a respray. only asked me to re-imburse him for the paint. He did my front bar for $90 =)

hook ups for ozhonda please.

m3ntAL_l2
29-09-2009, 01:16 PM
wot i done when i got my rear bar + skrits sprayed was drop the car off in the morning on day 1 and then picked up at the COB on that day so the shop prep the job then dropped the car off again the week after for em to finish it

UCNDRM
30-09-2009, 10:01 PM
i no this is a bit of a late reply but the shop can usually remove the bumper within half an hour of drop off time, you could have ur car throughout the day and go back the next day to get them to fit and align it again

an average sort of price u are looking at for a bumper is bout $400 to prep and paint, but it will depend on the condition of the bar and the type of paint

if there is no filler work and the paint has no metallic or pearl then it should be less than $400

like with most things though guys you get wat u pay for so just think it thru before jumping at the cheapest option

hope this helps

Reloaded
30-09-2009, 10:43 PM
i got quote for 150$ lol @ smithfield next to honbits called protec or something? anyone know they do a decent job? lol