PDA

View Full Version : What should I do? getting a bonnet painted

Chriskoss
29-09-2009, 04:50 PM
Hey guys,

Im going to acquire a new bonnet shortly..

Came down to two places that have them.. one is the stock da9 colour red (marronish).. for 150 no dents etc.. or another place has one brand new for $250 (no paint on it obviously)

Just wondering which is cheaper to buy and get painted? for example because the maroon one has the colour on it, would it cost more to get it removed and repainted than the more expensive new bonnet that has no paint on it?

Yes I have asked the paint shops they cant give me a straight answer, saying oh if its pearl etc etc we need 2 blend all the guards etc. .but I just want the bonnet to be colour matched to my car

thanks all

Hullabaloo
29-09-2009, 05:36 PM
if your car is a pearl or metallic colour then you will want to blend.

Chriskoss
29-09-2009, 06:46 PM
Any chance you know if the frost white stock colour for a da9 in metallic or pearl?
Thanks

Chriskoss
29-09-2009, 07:04 PM
P.S paintcode is frost white NH-538

Doesnt look like it is which is good news.. that mean if I buy a bonnet any colour it can just be painted using that paint code and it should be fairly close?

Thanks

EK1.6LCIV
01-10-2009, 08:23 AM
it's not really about the pearl more that your car has age and they have to match the age of the paint as it will have changed a good deal in the past decades if it's the orginal color

but anymore than $300 to paint a bonnet/hood is alot of money

Chriskoss
01-10-2009, 09:39 AM
Thanks for that, I got a few quotes for like 220-250 so I guess I'm alright then

cheers man

seihoa
01-10-2009, 10:01 AM
the painters dont really care if theres previous paint on it or not... as long as theres no damage...

Chriskoss
01-10-2009, 10:29 AM
the painters dont really care if theres previous paint on it or not... as long as theres no damage...

Thanks for that, I guess its better to get a bonnet with no damage then
cheers